SRT file

Reaction score
Hello Fellow pilots. I noticed while playing back my footage on VLC that it showed GPS data as captions.
( closed captions like a movie would have ) Sure enough there is a SRT file with the video footage. Does anyone know how to use this info to overlay on the video during post?

If you are using Final Cut pro or other high end video processing then there might be an option for Hard Coded Subs, which would overlay the sub text on the video, I can do that with a plug-in. Also torrent coders do it all the time.

Watch your drone videos in a whole new way!

DroneViewer

With DroneViewer you can play your videos on the main screen while watching your drone’s speed, distance, position, and bearing update on graphs, data displays, and maps. You can geotag key points in your route and jump back to them instantly. You can export portions of your videos to separate clips, or export just a single geotagged frame. You can save your route to common file formats such as comma-separated value (CSV), GPS-exchange (GPX), or Google Earth (KML), for further data analysis.

The free version is fully functional but has a 1-movie load limit. Purchasing either DroneViewer or DroneViewer Pro removes the limit and the initial splash screen.

I have the free Dash Cam version of this software and it works great.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj