SPRING!!!! (More or less...)

gunslinger

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I FINALLY got the bird up in the air today and she performed perfectly. It was SO nice to be able to get airborne again after this miserable fiazuckin' winter...

Instead of just trucking out my P2V case, I also carried along my Taranis Plus case and a case carrying my brand new Blade 200 QX and its batteries... While configuring the 200 QX on my Taranis, I broke a blade, bent a blade, scuffed a motor and turned the air a lovely shade of blue...

But now... I was ready to finally air this puppy out. It was a little windy, but after the winter we had... frick it. She's going up. I got her out around sixty feet and up one hundred in stability mode, such a wonderful feeling ... I brought her back down to around forty feet and when I tried to switch into stagility mode... I popped the wrong switch and shut down the props.

What resulted was a very nicely controlled drop that stayed "feet down" all the way to terra firma... Unfortunately terra firma, when coupled with the gravitational pull from around forty feet, resulted in the left landing skid parting company with the main body of the quad.

I brought all the parts and pieces home and used "Gorilla Super Glue Gel" which I highly recommend. I'm not a big Gorilla Glue fan, but this stuff is awesome.

Turns out that the Blade 200 QX is a tough little bird. I have kicked its *** ten times to next Sunday... and she still performs perfectly... and very nicely. I'm slowly becoming a "Blade" fan as I now have two of them.

-slinger

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Sounds like an interestingly crappy day. Didja ever fly the P2?

I'm curious how you turned the air blue.

I have own several Horizon 'Blade' products and I have always liked them. Glad to hear you were able to get outside and fly a bit. I on the other hand had snow all day. I'm hoping to get out there by June, I hope. :oops:

Yeah... I got the P2V up for about ten minutes. It was pretty gusty out still, but man... It felt so good to be able to fly 'er again... Flawless flight...

-slinger

I hope to get out this weekend for the first time this year . The weather is breaking sorta dang rain is around now :mad:I did switch to the soft top on the jeep so that is a good sign:D

Flew my new Blade 200 QX today at the golf course and just scraped past a tree as the wind was fighting my input pretty hard. This thing is FAAAASSSSTTTTT!!!! Amazing.

-slinger

Took my phantom out yesterday for a quick flight after the rain gave me a short break and it felt great. I brought it to school today and I'll probably do a flight on lunch to test out my gopro. I just hope the rain doesn't come back.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl