Speed of Home lock lower with latest firmware?

max

Reaction score
I recently updated my firmware to the latest versions. One thing I noticed when I flew today is that home lock is significantly slower than it used to be. I get ~12 mph max speed. Course lock was normal, above 20 mph. Is this normal? I kind of wish I hadn't updated my firmware. THe quad in general feels slower than it did before. Although to be fair, I did also add stage 3 (bird side) antennas when I did the firmware upgrade. I changed too many things at once, but it couldn't really be avoided in this case. Anyway, back to the question -- Is lower Home lock speed new with the latest firmware? When i lost video I used to flip into HL mode and pull back the right stick. Now I think its faster just to initiate RTH!

Anyone? (sorry for the bump, but I am very curious if anyone else has noticed this)

Sorry -- I was assuming you meant RTH instead too :)

I use Home Lock and did not notice a difference between the speed after updating the firmware. I haven't seen anyone mention it here either.

msinger said:

I use Home Lock and did not notice a difference between the speed after updating the firmware. I haven't seen anyone mention it here either.

Thanks. I am going to test it again more rigorously to be sure of what I saw

max said:
msinger said:

Thanks. I am going to test it again more rigorously to be sure of what I saw

So I've tested this several more times. Home lock is maxing out for me at 12 mph in all cases, flying in all directions. GPS mode is in the 20s or 30s depending on flying with or against the wind. ATTI is faster. RTH was around 25 mph. Can anyone else flying the latest firmware check their max speed in home lock?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl