Speech/sound control drone in the future?

Reaction score
Not having any knowledge on the matter, it doesn't seem like it would be that hard. There are a number of sound control devices on the market, and have been for years. Seems to me it would not be hard to change stop/up into a electric command the drone could understand. Winter here, so I do a lot of thinking.

In the future? Sure... sometime in the future but we will probably be flying in drones before that happens. I'm sure many innovations will happen in the future.

It would be easier being built into the software on the display device but not really worth it right now. What would you expect to control with your voice? I could see certain flight modes. Really, DJI just needs to revamp the Go app.

In the future? Sure... sometime in the future but we will probably be flying in drones before that happens. I'm sure many innovations will happen in the future.

It would be easier being built into the software on the display device but not really worth it right now. What would you expect to control with your voice? I could see certain flight modes. Really, DJI just needs to revamp the Go app.

Take off, land, right, left, and so on. Almost anyone could pick up how to use one. Also, your concentration would be more focused on the screen. No weight would be added to the drone. It would all be in the controller. Ease of use. Why is it not worth it? The technology has been around for years, cost should be low, it would be a selling feature, and anyone who could talk would have the ability to go crash one. Ask your self why is speech control being used now, and it's use is expanding? But, your right. There are many ways to look at some things. That is why discussions can be good. I live for an intelligence conversion. That is how I learn.

Take off, land, right, left, and so on. Almost anyone could pick up how to use one. Also, your concentration would be more focused on the screen. No weight would be added to the drone. It would all be in the controller. Ease of use. Why is it not worth it?
Take off and land is one touch on the screen. Voice would be more difficult then that.

The technology has been around for years, cost should be low, it would be a selling feature, and anyone who could talk would have the ability to go crash one.
The level needed has not been around for very long. DJI would need to lease the voice recognition tech from someone. If it were a long commend, it most likely would need to be an exact commend. It would most likely need to accept a generic voice. So anyone could say the commend and get the drone to land. You are talking to someone and say the word, "land" and the drone starts to land in a lake. The drone is sitting on the ground with you standing next to it and someone else says, "launch". The drone pops up and hits you. Again, this is all one simple onscreen press right now.

The controller's CPU is very weak. You'd need a lot more tech/hardware in the controller to accept voice commands. A mic would also be needed.

Ask your self why is speech control being used now, and it's use is expanding? But, your right. There are many ways to look at some things. That is why discussions can be good. I live for an intelligence conversion. That is how I learn.
It's expanding because these devices have an Internet connection and can "learn" every day talk and convert that into it's commands. That tech is just now becoming available. The tech also exists because it can be tied into many other wireless devices (I'm controlling lights, outlets, and thermostat with my Google Home, not to mention it having access to music and many other services). With a drone the use is extremely limited.

"Take off and land is one touch on the screen. Voice would be more difficult then that."
You ignored everything else, and pick that? I think a processor could easily handle that. How about you think about it more than a little. How about multiple drones? Or, more complex processors? The goal, in my opinion, would be to to make the operation of the drones simpler. Less room for error..

"The controller's CPU is very weak. You'd need a lot more tech/hardware in the controller to accept voice commands. A mic would also be needed."
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ok. Never stopped Iphones, or Ipads. They, Apples, are getting cheaper, and more powerful all the time. My first calculator cost $175, now $5? DJI drones are getting more advance every six months, are so it seems. My P4P's have mics.

"The level needed has not been around for very long. DJI would need to lease the voice recognition tech from someone. If it were a long commend, it most likely would need to be an exact commend. It would most likely need to accept a generic voice. So anyone could say the commend and get the drone to land. You are talking to someone and say the word, "land" and the drone starts to land in a lake. The drone is sitting on the ground with you standing next to it and someone else says, "launch". The drone pops up and hits you. Again, this is all one simple onscreen press right now.

The controller's CPU is very weak. You'd need a lot more tech/hardware in the controller to accept voice commands. A mic would also be needed."
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
That has been around along time. Remember a program called Dragon? Dr. James Baker laid out the description of a speech understanding system called DRAGON in 1975.[6] In 1982 he and Dr. Janet M. Baker, his wife, founded Dragon Systems to release products centered around their voice recognition prototype.[7] He was President of the company and she was CEO. I used it back then.

"It's expanding because these devices have an Internet connection and can "learn" every day talk and convert that into it's commands. That tech is just now becoming available. The tech also exists because it can be tied into many other wireless devices (I'm controlling lights, outlets, and thermostat with my Google Home, not to mention it having access to music and many other services). With a drone the use is extremely limited."
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
NO. You need to go for a ride in my truck. Radio on, radio off. I have yet to figure the dam thing out. I can turn a light on in my house by saying on. No internet required. This is a good conversion, Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl