South Carolina NOOB

Reaction score
I started with a very cheap drone then upgraded to an only slightly better cheap drone. I got the hang of flying pretty quickly for an old guy.
Recently, I was given a Phantom Vision 2 plus. Haven't flown it yet, hoping to get out there this weekend.
Wondering if there are any drone groups in the Greenville, SC area?

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Welcome to the forum from Western North Carolina :)

I started with a very cheap drone then upgraded to an only slightly better cheap drone. I got the hang of flying pretty quickly for an old guy.
Recently, I was given a Phantom Vision 2 plus. Haven't flown it yet, hoping to get out there this weekend.
Wondering if there are any drone groups in the Greenville, SC area?
Welcome to the wonderful world of DJI, awesome drones. I too am in the Greenville SC area. There was a drone group on Facebook in the Greenville area, I joined that about 2 years ago but I haven't seen any activity with the group.

Oregon here. Welcome!

It might be a good idea if you could get together with Dave, post 7, when you go fly for the first time. It really helps to have an experienced pilot to keep you from making Noob mistakes.

Reactions: Dave_Majchrzak
Welcome to the wonderful world of DJI, awesome drones. I too am in the Greenville SC area. There was a drone group on Facebook in the Greenville area, I joined that about 2 years ago but I haven't seen any activity with the group.

Hey Dave!
Whereabouts in Greenville do you go to fly?

Hey Dave!
Whereabouts in Greenville do you go to fly?
I live in Simpsonville, most of Greenville and Mauldin is a no fly area because of the airports. I mostly fly around Simpsonville and south (fountain inn,gray court, Laurens). In Simpsonville, Heritage Park is a great place to fly. They have a huge field next to the ampitheater along with baseball fields, good place to practice. Where abouts are you located?

I live in Simpsonville, most of Greenville and Mauldin is a no fly area because of the airports. I mostly fly around Simpsonville and south (fountain inn,gray court, Laurens). In Simpsonville, Heritage Park is a great place to fly. They have a huge field next to the ampitheater along with baseball fields, good place to practice. Where abouts are you located?
I live in Simpsonville as well, near 385 and Fairview road. I have flown in the parking lot at work in Fountain Inn on the weekends. Hadn't thought about Heritage Park.

I live in Simpsonville as well, near 385 and Fairview road. I have flown in the parking lot at work in Fountain Inn on the weekends. Hadn't thought about Heritage Park.
Sounds like we are pretty close, I live off east Curtis/417 near the police station. Another good place to fly in fountain inn is Woodside park. They just finally finished rebuilding the new baseball park. We should meet up and fly together sometime.

Sounds like we are pretty close, I live off east Curtis/417 near the police station. Another good place to fly in fountain inn is Woodside park. They just finally finished rebuilding the new baseball park. We should meet up and fly together sometime.
Pretty close! That's awesome.
Not sure where Woodside Park is, but Google is my friend.
When I figure out how to send a private message, I'll send my contact info.
At work right now sooooo........................

If yall ever make it up to Western NC (Waynesville, Maggie Valley etc) give me a shout. I'll take ya flying and give some training etc too. Always looking for an excuse to meet & fly :)

Welcome to the forum! :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj