Sourcing A New Gimbal Board

Reaction score
After some trouble shooting help on another forum, it appears I need to replace the gimbal board on my P3 Adv. I'd like some help/ideas on sources. I see on Amazon there are some available via China. And there is always the route of finding a used gimbal/camera unit on ebay. Any opinions and ideas from you guys that have dealt with this before.

I'd like some help/ideas on sources. I see on Amazon there are some available via China. And there is always the route of finding a used gimbal/camera unit on ebay.
Well, China is likely not your best option if you want the part soon. Amazon or eBay is the way I'd go. You could also reach out to repair shops if you're looking for a used part.

Thanks for that link...great link with lots of other info too, very helpful. I'll contact some shops. And, I'm not in a big hurry if the Chinese boards are good (they are probably all made there anyway) and are competitively priced. Does anyone have any experience with getting gimbal boards out of China? Anyone have any experience and advice changing out a board?

Correct me if I am wrong,,,a 4K camera and gimbal assembly will not work on a P3P.
It needs to be a phantom 3 pro 4K?
That is correct. A P3-4K gimbal/camera will not work on a P3P. A P3P (or a P3A) needs either a P3P or P3A gimbal/camera.

That’s what I thought. I bought a camera on eBay that said it was for a Phantom 3 Professional. It showed up today and the tag on top of the gimbal cover said Phantom 4K, not phantom pro. The pictures on the listing were at an angle that didn’t show the top of the gimbal. I thought I seen on the forum before that they did not interchange.
Thanks for verifying this!
You guys and girls on this forum are pure Geniuses!!!

Other than the time it takes to get a new gimbal board out of China, is there any significant downside to doing so? I'm just trying to better understand my options here. Have any of you sourced parts from China?

I have one ordered from a source in China. It not supposed to arrive to me until the first week of August. It is supposed to be new, but I have heard some horror stories about boards from overseas. But,what the heck. I gotta know!
I have 4 P3P cameras with bad boards. Be nice to get them working again.

Wow! Four P3Ps with bad gimbal boards? What is the story, or stories, behind that? For me, this is turning into quite the treasure hunt trying to find a replacement board. It sounds like you've been down the same road. It's frustrating that there seems to be zero help or support from DJI. There are very few private shops that seems to work on these things and I'm sure they don't want to waste their time with us DYI guys trying to save a buck. It appears like finding a wrecked one or someone parting-out one on ebay is the only viable domestic source....and then there's China, lol. I'm still on the fence. I didn't pay a lot for my P3 Adv, and it still flies but I just don't have any camera functions or telemetry. What to do? I'd like to hear why you made the decision to try a Chinese replacement.

I have the 4 bad cameras by talking a chance and buying one camera at a time on eBay. They were priced good, but they also said not tested. But on the upside, I did get 2 cameras that said the same thing and worked great. The Chinese replacement is because I cannot seem to find any gimbal boards in the U.S.A..

OSO Just to be certain ,I have a Phantom 3Pro. with a 4k camera but on the gimbal board area there is a sticker with part number or serial number stating Phantom Pro. is this correct . I just purchase this I want to be sure that I receive the Phantom 3 Pro.with 4 k camera . Thanks for comments

OSO Just to be certain ,I have a Phantom 3Pro. with a 4k camera but on the gimbal board area there is a sticker with part number or serial number stating Phantom Pro. is this correct . I just purchase this I want to be sure that I receive the Phantom 3 Pro.with 4 k camera . Thanks for comments
A label saying PHANTOM PRO is correct for your P3P. What you don’t want is a label that says PHANTOM 4K.

There is a photo in this post from a couple of years ago.

Reactions: JoBe
Quister check out this gentlemans video on YouTube I could not attache ,but his title is ..."THEA8W12 "...Search this on YT.... I think you will find alot of useful information about Gimbals and repair

I also have some dead p3p camera gimbal setups. Always keeping an eye out for working gimbal boards. Finding crashed p3p's on craigslist or on this forum that still have video feed has been my only success. Both of the 'untested' setups I bought on Ebay did not work for me, no luck here.

I'm very curious if these china sourced boards work well. If they do, I'd love to know the exact source.

I have seen them for sale often on EBAY AND ALI EXPRESS . Most are from China . No one in the USA is making them ( UNLESS OF COURSE THEY ARE REFURBISH )as the majority of Drones are made in CHINA

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic