Replace broken camera with a 4k

Reaction score
So my 3 adv. Crashed and I replaced the broken camera with the 4k. I now have no camera, the gimbal is not responding at all and no lights blinking. Where do I start to get this back together.

Is is a 4K camera from the Pro? If so, there's a very comprehensive thread on how to do this. If it's from a 4K Phantom, I'm not sure it'll actually work.

Reactions: Oso
So my 3 adv. Crashed and I replaced the broken camera with the 4k. I now have no camera, the gimbal is not responding at all and no lights blinking. Where do I start to get this back together.
As @Numone noted, the P34k model gimbal/camera is not compatible with a P3P or a P3A. If you need to replace your P3P gimbal/camera or you just want to convert your P3A to a P3P, use only a P3P gimbal/camera. Hopefully you did indeed use a P3P gimbal/camera.

Did you update your AC with P3P firmware after you installed the (hopefully) P3P gimbal/camera?

UPDATE:
To be sure which gimbal/camera you installed, check the label on top of the gimbal main board housing. In your case, you definitely want to see "PHANTOM PRO"
[Click to enlarge]
P3P v P34k connections.jpg

FYI - We are warning about this scenario because we have seem SO MANY people try to use a P34k camera on a P3P or P3A. Those posts often mention smoke of some sort. :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: Numone

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl