Source for Gimbal Flex cable

Well I replaced the flex cable and the camera is still limp but I do have video. In fact it’s worse than before. With the original cable if I shook the AC gently the camera usually started working. With the new cable I get a gyroscope error.

Looks like I’ll be returning this cable back to Amazon. Not sure if I should try another cable or just put my original one back on.

Chris

I think so. It was the one linked to in post # 16.

It came in an anti-static bag but did no t have a DJI label on it.

Chris

It's been so long since I've had to buy one that I can't remember if the cable itself had any DJI markings on it or not.

I remember the original DJI packaging though, with the DJI logo on the top of the bag.

It's been so long since I've had to buy one that I can't remember if the cable itself had any DJI markings on it or not.

I remember the original DJI packaging though, with the DJI logo on the top of the bag.
Hard to tell if it was an original part - there was no DJI packaging or logo, just a reuseable static bag and a sticker saying the seller was an original DJI vendor.

Yep. Do you think the DJI Drone Shop guys down the road from you in Vaughn can diagnose the issue. Ever dealt with them?
No, but might look them up and see what they say. Thanks for the idea.

In meantime, I think I’ll put the original cable back in and see if I get the sporadic gimbal response I had before.

Here are pictures of an original DJI cable from a phantom 3 standard. B533F24F-1DEA-4FB3-B10D-61C788778C8F.jpeg
C3F4825B-D126-4417-8D64-EA040614477B.jpeg

I have my original. I’ll compare it to the one I got once I uninstall it.

I had purchased a cheap cable from Amazon to replace this one which didn’t work. The first 6 digits were not on the cheap cable. The replacement DJI cable that I got has identical numbers on it to the original one.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I took out the new cable and put the old one back and it gave me the same errors I originally had ‘gimbal pitch error’ and gimbal roll error’

I compared the numbers on both cables and to me it seems that the new one is not an original cable. See image below.

A6504012-ED0F-49AB-8A3C-E1E72ACBCF06.jpeg
A6504012-ED0F-49AB-8A3C-E1E72ACBCF06.jpeg

Yep, looks like the replacement was not DJI.

You've probably done this..............but anytime I do major surgery on my drone (cables, components, etc) I always do an IMU calibration......and possibly a gimbal calibration after it's completed before I run tests or fly. Then a complete preflight checklist to be sure something didn't go 'sideways' during the repair process. Just a thought......

Yep, looks like the replacement was not DJI.

You've probably done this..............but anytime I do major surgery on my drone (cables, components, etc) I always do an IMU calibration......and possibly a gimbal calibration after it's completed before I run tests or fly. Then a complete preflight checklist to be sure something didn't go 'sideways' during the repair process. Just a thought......
Yes, did both and neither gave any errors.

Now, back to the start again - trying to find a source for an original cable.

Chris

Gave Omniview Tech a call today. They are a Authorized DJI service centre located in Hamilton who I have purchased batteries off of. They said they can no longer stock the part because they can’t get it from DJI. This doesn’t sound good. I will either have to buy an aftermarket cable or take my chances and order one on EBay from China and hope it comes and that it is an original. The Mavic Mini combo Prime deal on Amazon is looking better by the moment.

Chris

Any luck from the DJI service center in Vaughn?
Didn’t get a chance today but may try tomorrow. Figured I try Omniview first since I have dealt with them before. I did ask them if they thought other service centres had the cable and they said unless they had some sort of overstock of them it is unlikely as DJI is not providing them anymore to authorized repair centres.

Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.