Source for Gimbal Flex cable

Reaction score
My gimbal flex cable on my P3S seems to be failing. It starts up limp most times and is wobbling in flight more often.

Does anybody know of a reputable source that I can purchase an original DJI replacement cable? I am in Canada so prefer to purchase from a source in Canada or the US. I have done some searching on eBay and Amazon.ca but most of the results are in China or have high shipping fees.

Thanks,

Chris

I found one, but it is on eBay. It is the sellers only item. If picture is correct, it is an OEM part, in original DJI packaging. It does mention the sale is covered by the 'ebay guarantee', but I'd still be skeptical. Looks like the seller is in New York USA.

I'll put the link here, but beware, I am NOT recommending this seller.........only pointing out a 'possible' OEM part.

I found one, but it is on eBay. It is the sellers only item. If picture is correct, it is an OEM part, in original DJI packaging. It does mention the sale is covered by the 'ebay guarantee', but I'd still be skeptical. Looks like the seller is in New York USA.

I'll put the link here, but beware, I am NOT recommending this seller.........only pointing out a 'possible' OEM part.

Thanks for the info. When I open the link it just goes to my ebay main page and not to the listing. I have found some similar ones on eBay but am not sure of the sellers. I’ll wait a bit more and see if there are any highly recommended venders that pop up.

Chris

That's wild. I tried the link from this post, and it went to the sellers page. Seller is 'antuhancampa' if that helps any.

On eBay, I just searched DJI Part 85 and it came up. The ad pic shows the cable in the smokey colored DJI bag. Price was $70.00 or best offer. You could always contact the seller thru eBay (pre-sale) and check him out. We've all seen scammers on 'flea-bay.'

Well, that one is a dead end. The seller is not shipping to Canada during the pandemic. Oh well! Will look around for another source.

Chris

My limp gimbal problem seems to have taken a vacation. Did a flight today and everything was ok. Over the weekend I started the AC up numerous times without the limp gimbal. Even tried without SD card. Read somewhere on here to try that ( no idea how that would have any effect on gimbal).

I still am going to try to find a cable to buy since the gimbal working again is likely only temporary. Looks like I will have to take a chance and buy one from China.

Chris

My limp gimbal problem seems to have taken a vacation. Did a flight today and everything was ok. Over the weekend I started the AC up numerous times without the limp gimbal. Even tried without SD card. Read somewhere on here to try that ( no idea how that would have any effect on gimbal).

I still am going to try to find a cable to buy since the gimbal working again is likely only temporary. Looks like I will have to take a chance and buy one from China.

Chris
Save your money, Chris. I had tried a cheap one from China, it didn’t work! Been there, done that! Most of the reviews on Amazon say the same thing.
Dave

Save your money, Chris. I had tried a cheap one from China, it didn’t work! Been there, done that! Most of the reviews on Amazon say the same thing.
Dave
The one I’m looking at on eBay is from China but shows original packaging and says it’s OEM however there’s no stopping someone posting an original picture but sending a cheap copy.

Had my P3S out for a flight today snd had the limp gimbal again PLUS the gimbal would not pitch up or down. Got it working again by restarting 3 or 4 times and jiggling the gimbal a bit.

I have to find a good replacement soon as I can’t be doing this in the winter when the temps dip way below 0 Celsius - I’ll freeze my fingers off.

Chris

I am having trouble finding an original cable that is not in China or from someone who will ship to Canada during the pandemic. Lately I am thinking about getting a generic cable from Amazon and trying it even though it is generally not recommended. At least it would come fast and I could return if it didn’t work. I use my P3S daily and especially in the winter so I need to get it fixed because the problem is getting worse.

Here’s the one I am considering.

Chris

8C5E4462-44D3-4F66-A602-F3758FB37B11.jpeg

I looked on Amazon last night and there was one listing for a genuine DJI cable for 39.99 usd.
Thanks for that info.Do you have a link? Some items on Amazon.com (US) will not ship to Canada or are not available on Amazon.ca.

chris

Well yesterday I went ahead and bought the cable on Amazon. Should be here by Saturday. Hopefully I can fix my gimbal with the new cable - it’s a heck of a lot cheaper than getting a new drone.

Thanks for the help in finding an OEM cable.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Well yesterday I went ahead and bought the cable on Amazon. Should be here by Saturday. Hopefully I can fix my gimbal with the new cable - it’s a heck of a lot cheaper than getting a new drone.

Thanks for the help in finding an OEM cable.

Amazon has a good return policy if it fails to perform as advertised. Also, Visa and Paypal have similar guarantees if you used either to pay for the cable.

Hopefully it works well and the gimbal issues will be solved by replacing that cable.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes. [emoji106][emoji16]

Amazon has a good return policy if it fails to perform as advertised. Also, Visa and Paypal have similar guarantees if you used either to pay for the cable.

Hopefully it works well and the gimbal issues will be solved by replacing that cable.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes. [emoji106][emoji16]
Thanks. I will update the thread after I get it done. Used Amazon and VISA so should be covered.

Chris

Reactions: captainmilehigh

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic