SOS - My P3 fell from the sky!

Reaction score
Help!
After 10 hours of happy flying....
I noticed some problems with map view while flying - along with instruction to update firmware. I updated the firmware and launched the aircraft. It flew to about 20 feet - motor stopped and it fell out of the sky - almost landed on me!
I'm pretty upset because I didn't contribute to this accident and the drone could have hurt someone!
I would appreciate any suggestions as to what direction to take.
IMG_0697 (1).JPG

Much thanks!

Still a rookie

Reactions: steve60
If you believe this is a warranty issue, you should contact DJI support for help. If you're going to repair the damage yourself, you'll at least need the following parts:

Hate to see posts like this and there is more and more posts about DJI birds dropping out without obvious reason.
Can u upload LOG here
DJI Flight Log Viewer

And post link here for review.

Or bad firmware

I cannot think of a single case reported on this forum of bad firmware turning out to be responsible for a crash or flyaway. If there are any such cases, they are certainly vastly outnumbered by pilot error and, to a lesser extent, hardware failure.

I cannot think of a single case reported on this forum of bad firmware turning out to be responsible for a crash or flyaway. If there are any such cases, they are certainly vastly outnumbered by pilot error and, to a lesser extent, hardware failure.
Well it is true, but look what happen with spark.

Well it seems that everyone here got offended, I didn't sad that dji drones are bad, as a matter of fact I had 3 dji drones, now have 2 cause I sold my standard and never have any major issues with any of them. I looked at other drones like mi etc but every time bought dji because I think that they are most reliable but they are not immune to failures. While it is true that most of the time pilot error are responsible for crashes doesn't mean that hardware/software failure can't happen. I see that many people thinks that dji drones can't fail and that every time something happens is pilot error.

Well it seems that everyone here got offended, I didn't sad that dji drones are bad, as a matter of fact I had 3 dji drones, now have 2 cause I sold my standard and never have any major issues with any of them. I looked at other drones like mi etc but every time bought dji because I think that they are most reliable but they are not immune to failures. While it is true that most of the time pilot error are responsible for crashes doesn't mean that hardware/software failure can't happen. I see that many people thinks that dji drones can't fail and that every time something happens is pilot error.

No one was offended. It's not a question of opinion - it's a matter of documented evidence. If you look at the reports of crashes and flyaways on this forum you will struggle to find any that turned out to be firmware issues. Hence the response to your original comment.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER

Hardware does fail.........I used to make a living out of repairing hardware...........:)

Reactions: 0v3rrid3
This guy came to us for help, instead he seems to be getting judged and sentenced with no evidence. If he wanted criticism and unfounded accusations he could have just told his wife XD

He has not been judged at all. In fact until he provides some actual flight data then there can be no conclusions as to what happened.

Reactions: 0v3rrid3
Hardware does fail.........I used to make a living out of repairing hardware...........:)
Me to and i still do, drones are electronic devices and electronic can fail and most of it will sooner or later.
But yeah enough of this, we don't know why it is crashed without more info, that's way I asked him to upload LOG for review and maybe then we will know little bit more. ☺️

Reactions: Phantom George
Wow, 13 seconds in the air, and it dropped 8'?

Battery was still intact?
Was the battery still on?
How were the props?

Have you tried to start it up again?

Rod

Thanks to everyone for your interest! I have uploaded the flight log and look forward to learning your comments!

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

The first graph below shows altitude and throttle position as a function of time. You will notice that it climbed until 12.7 seconds and then began an uncontrolled descent. At 13.1 seconds you applied full down on the throttle, but that was after the event.

20170829_01.png

Looking at the pitch, roll and vertical speed data (below), it appears that at 12.5 seconds it went into uncontrolled oscillation with a period of 0.4 seconds. That's typical of losing a prop, so are you sure that the motors stopped?

20170829_02.png

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel