Something you wish you knew before you bought it and/or flown it.

I enjoy mine. What do I wish I would of known before hand? Stress cracks at the motors. It's happening to two of my arms. Had I known, I'd open it up and reinforce the area with bondic or epoxy. Now I'm chasing cracks. And customer service. Had no idea how bad it was until I needed it

I wish I'd known that my approx $20K in photography equipment was just going to be tossed into a closet, and all of my time would be spent in aerial bliss.
I hear you on is one. I took out my D4 yesterday after not touching it since the P3 arrived. I had to remind myself how to do a few things hat used to be second nature to me pre-P3.

I wish I had known just how awesome the P3 was so I would have purchased one a few weeks earlier. The feeling I had when I first took it out and realized it was something very special. Priceless.

Also, I wish I had known to never get involved in a thread about CSC.

Reactions: JoBe
1st and most importantly: I WISH I KNEW NEVER TO USE THE INCORRECT LOCTITE ....

I wish I'd have known the BS salesman saying how support is so fantastic was absolute nonsense. But I'm a tech for a living so support isn't so much of a problem and we have the forum.

I wish I'd have known about the shell cracking.

I wish I'd have gone straight to a P3 rather than P2V, P2V+ then P3A and saved myself £100 loss in fees and resale losses.

I wish I had known just how awesome the P3 was so I would have purchased one a few weeks earlier. The feeling I had when I first took it out and realized it was something very special. Priceless.

Also, I wish I had known to never get involved in a thread about CSC.
Or fly aways! Or compass Cali, or IMU Cali ;)

I am in the process of researching to by the Phantom 3 professional. My first drone was the Hubson x4 just to mess around with and I absolutely love flying that thing everywhere. Is there anything you wish you knew before you bought yours or before you started flying? Articles to read, instructions, etc? Anything would be helpful. Thanks.
Wish I'd saved money flying a Hubsan and jumped straight in with the P3. No experience necessary .... As long as you spend at least a week on YouTube and a week reading the forum followed by at least a week flying at 10ft learning the ropes, low and slow.

I, in my opinion wasted £25 on a Hubsan, I then bought Blade 200qx which I might add was amazing but no assists, great fun though, wish I still had it but had to sell to fund the Phantom. To say you need to learn the ropes on a Hubsan is garbage ..... The two are light years apart. But you do need to learn to fly without gps as a minimum.

Find Out!!!!!:) Combination Stick Command-- Starts the motors and stops the motors-- don't use this command when the Phantom is flying!!!
A few of us have come to grief shutting down once landed with CSC.Never had a problem with my P1 or P2 but having my P3P cartwheel along the ground ended my use of the CSC to shut down.
Now I hand catch and hold throttle closed.Which is the alternative Dji method.

Reactions: SnoozeDoggyDog
When the DJI Phantom (1, 2 or 3) works - its great! Meets or exceeds expectations...

Understand DJI is a Chinese company, different culture. If you are "techy and can work on the Phantom yourself you're better off as Customer Service is non-defined by DJI... There are a few like Tahoe Ed and Blade Strike that chime in here on the forum - but they can't keep up with the ~3-4% of quality issues from a company that will most likely ship over 1M products this year. I got it and understood that part...

What I didn't expect was the method they engineer, design, test and throw the firmware/ software upgrades at the market.... Be patient, if it flies - don't F' with it is what I learned.
Yep, I'm still on 1.1.9.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4