New from Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

Reaction score
I just signed up on the Mavic site. I did not know if these two linked together so I will introduce myself but will be old news if you looked at the Mavic introductions first. I knew from reading previous post a lot of members have multiple models.
I have flown aircraft from line control to radio control from 6 years old till about 40.
Enjoyed helicopters and 1/4 scale. Family got in the way of hobbies and quit for a long time. I sell real estate and do my own Photography for MLS and Virtual Tours. Told my wife I needed the equipment for Real Estate but actually wanted to take up playing with cameras. Turned out to be beneficial for my business.
Now I want to take it to a different level and combine the fun of photography with flying.

I have been watching the forum for a while learning the difference in the different types of DJI equipment available. Actually wanted the Inspire but due to the size and portability figured I was better narrowing it to the Mavic 2 pro or P4P 2.0.
Keep looking at flying times and camera capability. Therefore have not rushed in and bought anything yet.
The thought of waiting to see if they are coming out with a Phantom 5 has me intrigued not knowing what upgrades may be with it.

In the end, I am going to hang around and read and learn as much as I can before I buy. Enjoy all the info I have been learning.
Thanks
Ted

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum! :)

Actually wanted the Inspire but due to the size and portability figured I was better narrowing it to the Mavic 2 pro or P4P 2.0.
The Inspire is a great drone, but it's not portable by any means and is a lot pricier than the other options you're looking into. Either the M2P or P4P would work just as well for real estate photos.

msinger,
I'm still trying to learn what accessories are available on the two models I am looking at. I like the 5.5" screen setup on the controller of the P4P 2.0.
Is this not available on the mavic 2 Pro?

Also they both show around 30 minutes flying time. I realize those are best case scenarios. Since the real life times are probably lower are there any batteries made that increase the flight time per battery?
If this question needs to be moved to a different area please have the moderator do so.

I like the 5.5" screen setup on the controller of the P4P 2.0.
Is this not available on the mavic 2 Pro?
The Mavic 2 does not have the built-in screen option. DJI has leaked some photos of a Mavic 2 remote controller with a screen, so it's likely something we'll see at some point this year.

Also they both show around 30 minutes flying time. I realize those are best case scenarios.
You got it. The quoted flight times are always a best case scenario. If interested, you can compare the other specs between those two models here.

are there any batteries made that increase the flight time per battery?
No. You're only option is to take spare batteries with you.

msinger, I do not know what you call it and cannot find it on DJI at the moment. I know this helps a lot in answering my question. :cool:
There is a "box" that holds a number of batteries for carrying. if you are familiar with what I am talking about, does this just hold the batteries or can they be charged while in this box. Hope this makes sense.

Are you thinking of this charging station?

1546809573565.png

WV. Rootman,
That's no fun. I thought I would start at the Fort in St. Augustine and work my way to the two naval bases in Jacksonville and get pictures of the Aircraft carriers. Then head towards Brunswick, Georgia and get shots of the Submarine base.

NCIS and Feds, just joking.

WV, have been actually studying. I have my FAA Flying license so am fairly familiar with the Do Not Fly areas in my town. Thanks for the help protecting myself. Do not want any violation citations. We also have a number of State and Federal Parks to be aware of.

I graduated from the Citadel in Charleston, South Carolina. They have great places to film but also many areas to stay away from. I may go back to my college and get permission to film the campus.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Similar to that. I thought it was a DJI product but guess I was wrong because I cannot find it.
I just thought it would be great to be able to store the batteries in a carry case but have a few slots in it that would also charge them either from an on board battery or plug in.
I am at work getting ready to leave and will look for it later.
Thanks for teh help.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

WV. Rootman,
That's no fun. I thought I would start at the Fort in St. Augustine and work my way to the two naval bases in Jacksonville and get pictures of the Aircraft carriers. Then head towards Brunswick, Georgia and get shots of the Submarine base.

NCIS and Feds, just joking.

WV, have been actually studying. I have my FAA Flying license so am fairly familiar with the Do Not Fly areas in my town. Thanks for the help protecting myself. Do not want any violation citations. We also have a number of State and Federal Parks to be aware of.

I graduated from the Citadel in Charleston, South Carolina. They have great places to film but also many areas to stay away from. I may go back to my college and get permission to film the campus.
OK jokester. LOL We have a lot of people come on to this forum with little knowledge, I was just trying to keep you out of trouble. LOL Oh well, you got me good.

I saw some Tonka trucks on your beach last year. Is that your house in the background?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No, I wish that was mine. I'm about half way between those and the Intracoastal Waterway. Great place for a Hurricane.
Those are probably the ones replacing sand that three CEO's that live next door to each other were caught having a dozer push sand from the beach up to their bulkhead. Got caught, fined, And made to replace the sand.

No, I wish that was mine. I'm about half way between those and the Intracoastal Waterway. Great place for a Hurricane.
Those are probably the ones replacing sand that three CEO's that live next door to each other were caught having a dozer push sand from the beach up to their bulkhead. Got caught, fined, And made to replace the sand.
My grand kids go to a Catholic school near there and play soccer and football in the parks there. I'm down there a couple times a year.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31