Something new! Flying inside a forest between the trees!

Reaction score
Wanted to make a different kind of dronevideo this time, and have thought long about learning to fly in tight areas and get more closeup filming. And flying inside a forest between the trees and among the treetops was the first video I wanted to make.
Asked around in forums for best AND safest settings and this is the settings i came up with.
I use a P4Pro, and used DJI NDfilter 8 and normal lens. Filmed in H.265 4k 30 fps
  1. Tripod mode
  2. Narrow sensing assigned to C1
  3. Set to Hover if I lost contact.
  4. And practise to get it smooth;)

I must say this is a fun way to fly, and you can get really cool shots with it!

Thanks alot. Hehe Was nervous when I started. And cut a few branches with my props but with more practice it worked out fine.

Nice job , looked good...

Reactions: Zorro
Woaah, that was nerve-racking, but good to see you managed it well and your AC is still in one piece.
Did you switch off OA?
No i kept the OA on, but used narrow sensing to squeese through the tight areas.

Dangerous but great video footage. You passed too close to these trees.
Thank you, it's always a risk flying close to objects, but I felt in control. The technology is very good.

Reactions: macoman
Thanks alot. Much appreciated [emoji4]

Wanted to make a different kind of dronevideo this time, and have thought long about learning to fly in tight areas and get more closeup filming. And flying inside a forest between the trees and among the treetops was the first video I wanted to make.
Asked around in forums for best AND safest settings and this is the settings i came up with.
I use a P4Pro, and used DJI NDfilter 8 and normal lens. Filmed in H.265 4k 30 fps
  1. Tripod mode
  2. Narrow sensing assigned to C1
  3. Set to Hover if I lost contact.
  4. And practise to get it smooth;)

I must say this is a fun way to fly, and you can get really cool shots with it!

Great video! But when in close proximity to trees and branches, even if you're cautious, it's a numbers game. Sooner or later you'll hit something. I'm talking from personal experience.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20