Something new! Flying inside a forest between the trees!

Reaction score
Wanted to make a different kind of dronevideo this time, and have thought long about learning to fly in tight areas and get more closeup filming. And flying inside a forest between the trees and among the treetops was the first video I wanted to make.
Asked around in forums for best AND safest settings and this is the settings i came up with.
I use a P4Pro, and used DJI NDfilter 8 and normal lens. Filmed in H.265 4k 30 fps
  1. Tripod mode
  2. Narrow sensing assigned to C1
  3. Set to Hover if I lost contact.
  4. And practise to get it smooth;)

I must say this is a fun way to fly, and you can get really cool shots with it!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks alot. Hehe Was nervous when I started. And cut a few branches with my props but with more practice it worked out fine.

Nice job , looked good...

Reactions: Zorro
Woaah, that was nerve-racking, but good to see you managed it well and your AC is still in one piece.
Did you switch off OA?
No i kept the OA on, but used narrow sensing to squeese through the tight areas.

Dangerous but great video footage. You passed too close to these trees.
Thank you, it's always a risk flying close to objects, but I felt in control. The technology is very good.

Reactions: macoman
Thanks alot. Much appreciated [emoji4]

Wanted to make a different kind of dronevideo this time, and have thought long about learning to fly in tight areas and get more closeup filming. And flying inside a forest between the trees and among the treetops was the first video I wanted to make.
Asked around in forums for best AND safest settings and this is the settings i came up with.
I use a P4Pro, and used DJI NDfilter 8 and normal lens. Filmed in H.265 4k 30 fps
  1. Tripod mode
  2. Narrow sensing assigned to C1
  3. Set to Hover if I lost contact.
  4. And practise to get it smooth;)

I must say this is a fun way to fly, and you can get really cool shots with it!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great video! But when in close proximity to trees and branches, even if you're cautious, it's a numbers game. Sooner or later you'll hit something. I'm talking from personal experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.