Someone please help me out: NAZA?

Reaction score
So I had to click something to change the settings on my gimbal in the Phantom software and this seems to have disabled naza? I get a green-green-red-green-green-red-green-green etc. blinking pattern (or something thereabouts) before flight. What is naza? Did I disable it? Do I need it?

mr_3_0_5 said:
If you don't know what it is or how it works then I wouldn't enable it
not trying to sound snarky here, but that doesn't help. What does it do because I don't know if its on or off or not!

Look at the top right of the Phantom assistant software. It will either say Phantom or NAZA when you connect your Phantom.

NAZA is a flight mode with additional features. Phantoms come shipped with it disabled, or in Phantom mode. You have to use the assistant software to change modes. The software also indicates which mode you're in. On the very top it says either Phantom 2 or NAZA.

Changing to NAZA adds functionality to the 2 toggle switches. The one on the right (S1) can be toggled to ATTI mode which turns off the GPS or toggled to RTH mode. (Return To Home) There's a manual mode option instead of RTH.

The left toggle (S2) adds Coarse lock and home lock functions. Both toggles in the up position is basically equal to the original Phantom mode. Please read the manual on these other modes as some are fairly detailed in how they operate.

Geo

Geoelectro said:
NAZA is a flight mode with additional features. Phantoms come shipped with it disabled, or in Phantom mode. You have to use the assistant software to change modes. The software also indicates which mode you're in. On the very top it says either Phantom 2 or NAZA.

Changing to NAZA adds functionality to the 2 toggle switches. The one on the right (S1) can be toggled to ATTI mode which turns off the GPS or toggled to RTH mode. (Return To Home) There's a manual mode option instead of RTH.

The left toggle (S2) adds Coarse lock and home lock functions. Both toggles in the up position is basically equal to the original Phantom mode. Please read the manual on these other modes as some are fairly detailed in how they operate.

Geo

Thank you! I had to change the mode to be able to make the changes to the gimbal settings when I installed my Taco gimbal. If I change the mode back in the software, will my Phantom retain the gimbal changes?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl