some footage from Hawaii

Reaction score
This was my 12th flight. I'm starting to get more cocky with it. For the first time, I flew it out of wifi range, around 2000 feet. That was the last thing I saw under distance before I lost it. I'm using the Booster+ app to boost my distance. I turned off the controller, and about 3 minutes later, it appeared above me. I never received any notification on the app, just that it was disconnected. The wifi never reconnected on it's own. When i saw it right above me, I knew I was close enough to connect. I quit the app, relaunched it and then was able to connect again. I used the S1 switch to regain control. Shouldn't the app auto-connect?

Anyways, here's my little edit of the area around my kids' baseball field.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxpmL7xILf8

If mine doesn't reconnect automatically, I back out of the camera page and when I go back in it reconnects. Seems there should be an app update that takes care of the automatically. Maybe on the next update.

You can do something similar on Android....Power + Down Volume...but its cumbersome and it would be nice just to have a "Capture Screenshot" button in the app.

Thanks for the comments! I'm going to do some footage from all around the island and compile it together.

On the screenshot thing, two things:

You can go to settings - general - accessibility and turn on assistive touch. This will put a button on the screen that you can move around. If you tap that button, and go to device, more, take screenshot you can do it with one hand. Not ideal, but better than two hands.

The other thing is when iOS 8 comes out in the fall, you can use your iPhone as a video source on your mac. So you can record video from the screen of your iphone. It's actually for developers to post video of their game/app in use. Not ideal either, but it's something.

Thanks Again!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl