Some Dirt Bag Stole My Drone Video!!!

It's also different ESC technology. This gives you slightly better flight time (est 27 min to 30 min) and slightly different sound levels (motor sound not prop sound) and then couple that with the new prop design.

At least for me and what I do, it's worth the extra $100 and a few extra weeks to wait.

Yes I would LOVE the P4P camera but I don't' think they can get it crammed down into the MP form factor... at least not YET lol.

Reactions: FASTFJR
This [EXPLETIVE REMOVED] stole my drone footage.....

Check out my original

Here's the other guys video

Skip to 4:22, he did a little color adjustment and cropping but he can't hide the fact the same cars are passing by, same shadows, same lens flair
Good outcome.
I'm just curious, how did you find out your footage was been used?

Good outcome.
I'm just curious, how did you find out your footage was been used?

Strangely enough I was just on YT looking at this guys Abandoned things videos, I saw the title about Lynnwood Hall, which is about 10 minutes from my house and which I shot video of last year. I got to the drone video part and thought dam that looks like mine.....It was!

And at the same time a friend of mine emailed me about it, he just happened to be looking at the same thing. It happened to me on the SS United States video I did. Some guy literally just copied it, didn't change a thing and put it up on his site. YT finally removed it but it took 17 days

I'm glad you worked it out. What a coincidence. Your videos are great if people keep wanting to acquire it, hopefully they'll do it the right way.
No one has stolen my footage (that I know of), so it's not that good.:)

I'm glad you worked it out. What a coincidence. Your videos are great if people keep wanting to acquire it, hopefully they'll do it the right way.
No one has stolen my footage (that I know of), so it's not that good.:)
I am not making money from my footage in YouTube but if someone's use it for and they don't even have the education to let me know... I will probably be upset about it.

This is for OP
( FASTFJR )
I was going to let this rest , feeling satisfied it was all worked out, and everyone is happy! But something wonderful, started happening! GO FIGURE?:eek:

Because of my reply to ( original party who BORROWED:rolleyes: your video ( lol )) ( note : under Jerry Dotson ) I now have folks replying to me, asking who original owner was? , I gladly sent them your way, they are replying through ( HIS post, and coming to my YouTube channel and asking me! ) I thought WOW, they are really upset with the other guy, and are happy to subscribe to you! 3 already, but I'm sure more will follow, as I put YOUR LINK , to YOUR ORIGINAL VIDEO, in HIS post as well! :D

Hope you don't mind,
But maybe the following you DESERVED!

J Dot
:cool:

It's also different ESC technology. This gives you slightly better flight time (est 27 min to 30 min) and slightly different sound levels (motor sound not prop sound) and then couple that with the new prop design.

At least for me and what I do, it's worth the extra $100 and a few extra weeks to wait.

Yes I would LOVE the P4P camera but I don't' think they can get it crammed down into the MP form factor... at least not YET lol.

One of the difficulties in getting the higher quality video from a Mavic class drone is that image processioning consumes a non-trivial amount of CPU and battery power and that doesn't scale with drone size so the smaller drones pay a higher penalty. With larger drones the amount of CPU and battery power/energy required to process video at a given quality is the same but the larger drone batteries mean the relative impact is less. As CPU technology improves with smaller features size and less power required to do the same processing then we can see improved video in a Mavic class drone but when that happens the larger drones, having a greater processing budget, will be able to record even better quality video. Hey, it wasn't that long ago that HD (1080P) was the best you could hope for and we now have high end video cameras shooting 8K. I think it will be a while before 8K makes it to consumer drones as the storage bandwidth, in addition to the CPU/battery requirements, are within practical reach. I'd guess we could see a Phantom class drone do REALLY good 4K at, say, 4K60 and 200Mbps-300Mbps in about 2 years. If that happens then a Mavic class drone would be doing 4K30 or 4K 60 but at more like 100Mbps-150Mbps.

Brian

Check out my original

Skip to 4:22, he did a little color adjustment and cropping but he can't hide the fact the same cars are passing by, same shadows, same lens flair

That's disgusting to see. The person ripping you off obviously has no respect for the fact that you worked hard to get that great footage - you're the one who invested the money in your Phantom and the time to go out and film and this a**hole shows up trying to claim it all.

I'm glad he's begging on his knees - he should feel bad. Good on you for doing something about it!!

As fellow pilots we should not stand to tolerate this kind of garbage and always report it.

As a YouTube content creator, the video that contains stolen content generated about $1,500 for the channel.

In very “round and simple” numbers, monitized YouTube videos make $3,000 US per million views.

In addition, this video made the channel more successful because they picked up significant subscribers.

In my opinion, the channel owner would buy you a new Mavic Pro to get you to drop your claim in a heartbeat.

Reactions: iflyp3s
Put a small WaterMark somewhere on the video where it can't be cut from the frame. Most video editing software has this feature or allows you to make your own and overlay it.

Reactions: iflyp3s
To bad your integrity is only worth the cost of a new mavic. Fool did once and you basically let him get away with it. He will do it again.

Reactions: Texas Gonzo

Check out my original

Why not post a comment on his YouTube channel??? Say, "Thanks for using my drone footage, here's the original video here (add link)

Reactions: BigAl07
Want tp prevent YouTuber's from hacking your vids? Get a Professional Account on Vimeo, and lock them out from downloading, By the way, you need about 10 millions views on YouTube before you make any money. Thinking this guy has made money from a "half million views" is just not understanding how YouTube pays.

Want tp prevent YouTuber's from hacking your vids? Get a Professional Account on Vimeo, and lock them out from downloading, By the way, you need about 10 millions views on YouTube before you make any money. Thinking this guy has made money from a "half million views" is just not understanding how YouTube pays.

Sorry, but you are flat out wrong about making money on YT. I've made over $800 dollars so far with my video. I certanily don't have anything close to a half million views

To bad your integrity is only worth the cost of a new mavic. Fool did once and you basically let him get away with it. He will do it again.

First off let me welcome you to the forum. We hope you find our forum useful and entertaining.

How is the OP's integrity in question? He posted his video online and someone stole it. He took the appropriate action and ended up with a mutually beneficial agreement out of it. He basically got a new UAS for nothing more than a few email/PM's and everyone is happy.

Please enlighten us ...

I always put a watermark in my vids, of course they can just zoom to hide it but many times they dont bother. Ive had many many vids stolen from one of my channels. One person happened to take over 200 of my videos and put it on their channel, watermark totally visible. You know who usually spots my stolen videos? Subscribers. If one ever gives you a tip about someone stealing your video and its true, thank them graciously and send them a little something something in appreciation. When you have them on your side to report these things it helps. Youll soon have some eyes out there besides your own scouting for stolen videos. Surprised they took it down so quick! Man, ive had times youtube never took action. Gg

First off let me welcome you to the forum. We hope you find our forum useful and entertaining.

How is the OP's integrity in question? He posted his video online and someone stole it. He took the appropriate action and ended up with a mutually beneficial agreement out of it. He basically got a new UAS for nothing more than a few email/PM's and everyone is happy.

Please enlighten us ...
The guy who stole the video is still using it, still making money, and lying about it. The question of integrity comes from how much you value the videos that you create. If you don't shut down the "scum bag" that stole you video, i don't think you value your own product very much. The guy was a "scum bag" untill money changed hands. Is there a part 107 violation either way?
Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl