Hoping To Get My Drone Flying

Reaction score
Hi, i inherited my uncle's FC40 drone having only just realising he had one about two months before he passed on and the only info i have on it is he used it for photography. Now my uncle was a bit of an inventor and had modified the FC40 with a new home made undercarriage and camera mount so when i received the drone i decided to try and return it to how it originally was or near abouts, however i've started to have have compass problems after i changed the undercarriage to a extended type of undercarriage, i'm also getting compass problems with an original second hand undercarriage and second compass as well, i get the flashing red yellow leds . TBH it's a long story so i'll try to get to the point and my questions.

First off, when i received the drone i didn't even know if it worked so here's a pic from a video (i can't post a MP4 video) of me testing the motors and such for the first time ever, note the home made undercarriage. (I know it's not advisable to fly a drone indoors, this was only to see if the thing worked.) I also want to show you that it did work.

Drone in air.png

Next pic is of two bolts sticking out the underneath of the drone that fitted the made up camera frame which i've thrown away now. Also notice the wires on the right that's sticking out

IMG_2590_LI.jpg

Next pic shows a modification to the battery conpartment

IMG_2592.JPG

The next pic shows the wires i mentioned that i thought was added by my uncle so i cut the wires off, i've now realised it's an original auxiliary wire so would this make a difference to the compass or any other operations to the drone. Also what is the white stuff surrounding the area of the cut off wires and does it have a melting point??

IMG_2594_LI.jpg

Next pic i'm wondering if the Naza has been upgraded from the original plus can you tell from the pic if i have to use the Naza M2 D-Bus setting for the controller, it's the only setting that i can get any controller movement from in the Naza M2 software?

IMG_2694_LI (2).jpg

Next pic have the motors been upgraded can you tell?

IMG_2695_LI.jpg

Next few pic, what has my uncle done to these batteries, they seem to charge ok and the voltages are correct for each battery?

IMG_2697.JPG

IMG_2698.JPG

IMG_2699.JPG

Final pic, what does the flashing bottom right red yellow triangle mean?

Naza Triangle_LI (5).jpg

That's all i can remember for now so any help would be much appreciated.

The white stuff is hot glue and yes it will melt. Don't know anything about that drone but it looks pretty cool. Hope you get it in the air, good luck.

Thank you Capt KO, i think i might get away without the wires i cut off. I've managed to force the compass to callibrate and all seems good now, i followed this video
to the letter apart from the PPM setting, i only seem to get any controller movement with the D-Bus setting. Someone Private messaged me and cleared up some other questions i had so all i need now is for my country's lockdown to ease then i can give my drone its first flight with me.

Reactions: Capt KO
Thank you Capt KO, i think i might get away without the wires i cut off. I've managed to force the compass to callibrate and all seems good now, i followed this video
to the letter apart from the PPM setting, i only seem to get any controller movement with the D-Bus setting. Someone Private messaged me and cleared up some other questions i had so all i need now is for my country's lockdown to ease then i can give my drone its first flight with me.
Just found this thread seeing how u made out it looks like the wires next to the leg were for a gimble and the white glue wont melt it's from the factory I use to own a fc40 when they came out its 5.8ghz not 2.4 because of the camera that came with it. Hope flying went well with it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20