SOLVED - Phantom beeps & LED doesn't light up, Won't connect

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I've got a real head scratcher and it's driving me insane...

I recently installed a Beholder Lite (v2) brushless gimbal on my Phantom. This itself had some issues (poor instructions) but I figured everything out and got it working really well.

Below is the order of events to my current problem.

1. I soldered/installed the knob on my stock transmitter and calibrated it... it worked beautifully.

2. I put the shell back on and screwed everything back together

3. I took it out to test the gimbal and then the problem occurred. I turned the remote on and it lit up and everything but the Phantom never did the chime that it was ready to fly. It lit up the green and red under lights but the main LED did not light up.

4. I unplugged it and tried connecting it to my computer but it wouldn't connect... a problem I've never had in the 6 months I've had it. It was plugged in (battery and USB) but the computer never made a chime and the NAZA software didn't detect it.

5. I tried tilting the gimbal but it would not work, but it does stabilize.

6. Whenever I plug it in the under lights come on and it just beeps. It starts as BEEP, BEEP, BEEP and then it almost becomes 3 or 4 beeps at a time. It's like there are separate beeps happening because they sometimes sync up and it sounds like either 2, 3 or 4 beeps back to back.

7. I tried deleting and reinstalling the Phantom driver and yet it will not be recognized or stop beeping. Giving it any throttle also does nothing. The remote LED is not red either (like it's not synced), even if the remote is off.

I've tried everything I've read that sounded similar and nothing happens.

This video is pretty much what is happening to me... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBzmUY4cFJI

I've checked all connections and soldering and can't find a single issue. If I unplug anything the beeps keep happening.

Please help if you can, I'm at a loss for what the problem could be.

Thank you

Re: Phantom 1 beeps and LED doesn't light up, Won't connect,

Sounds like your NAZA isn't getting power anymore. The beeps are your ESC's waiting for a signal, and they're **** annoying.

I'd double-check and make sure you reconnected everything properly when installing the gimbal, and nothing got knocked loose. There should be a single power lead going from the main board to X3 port on the NAZA.

OI Photography said:
Sounds like your NAZA isn't getting power anymore. The beeps are your ESC's waiting for a signal, and they're **** annoying.

I'd double-check and make sure you reconnected everything properly when installing the gimbal, and nothing got knocked loose. There should be a single power lead going from the main board to X3 port on the NAZA.

Below are photos of the connections.

Excuse the LED board, I have it unscrewed until I figure out the issue. I triple checked and all cables are very secure. I even tried another cable and touched the leads on the board to see if that would do it to no avail :(

Like I said though, it all powered up and worked fine until I put the shell back on. Once I did that and powered it up this all happened.

Thanks for the response by the way!

Well now I'm even more confused...

I tried using a different cable and power the NAZA by battery and it worked... The LEDs lit up (flashing yellow) and I could open up the NAZA software, but it didn't show the remote was connected. There was no red light saying it wasn't connected. I tried spinning the motors from the remote and it didn't work, but a motor test did work.

So it's like the NAZA works, at least the power input and LED, but it won't control the rest of the Phantom.

I had the NAZA powered separately from the main power at the same time but the motors still did not work and it was constant flashing yellow lights.

I really don't know what the exact problem is at this point. Any suggestions?

The NAZA software didn't show any power even when it was dual powered and it said low voltage in the corner.

Thanks in advance

Just an update guys, I've pretty much narrowed it down to the MC, so I ordered a new board. I also ordered a new receiver because the red light on it won't light up even with the NAZA powered (externally) and the remote off. I will post back with results later this week when the parts come in.

edit - I plugged my NAZA into my friend's Phantom and all was well, so it is the MC board (and likely recevier) after all! I looked at it on the assistant software while my NAZA was on his craft and everything looked and performed normal. Now I just have to wait til mid week for my new parts to arrive.

Thanks everyone, hopefully this info will help someone else in the future.

:D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik