SOLVED! - iPad Can't change Return to Home Altitude or Max Flight Altitude Since Firmware Update

Reaction score
Since I updated my firmware, my Return to Home Altitude reset to 30m and my Max Flight Altitude reset to 120m, which I have read is normal. However, I have not been able to change either setting since. I have re-linked the controller and followed several other suggestions I have read online to no avail. I can click in the setting box and delete the current number and type in any number within range, higher or lower, but when I click out of the setting box, it immediately reverts back to the default setting. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

My app and firmware versions are as follows:
App: 3.1.52
Aircraft: 1.11.20
Remote Controller: 1.9.2

Since I updated my firmware, my Return to Home Altitude reset to 30m and my Max Flight Altitude reset to 120m, which I have read is normal. However, I have not been able to change either setting since. I have re-linked the controller and followed several other suggestions I have read online to no avail. I can click in the setting box and delete the current number and type in any number within range, higher or lower, but when I click out of the setting box, it immediately reverts back to the default setting.
A number of settings revert to default values on updating firmware.
The settings you mention are stored in the Phantom rather than in your phone or tablet so you have to have the drone powered up and connected to reset them.
You may also have to click a tick or simlar to finish the process.

Reactions: Oso
Since I updated my firmware, my Return to Home Altitude reset to 30m and my Max Flight Altitude reset to 120m, which I have read is normal. However, I have not been able to change either setting since. I have re-linked the controller and followed several other suggestions I have read online to no avail. I can click in the setting box and delete the current number and type in any number within range, higher or lower, but when I click out of the setting box, it immediately reverts back to the default setting. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

My app and firmware versions are as follows:
App: 3.1.52
Aircraft: 1.11.20
Remote Controller: 1.9.2
Are you connected to the AC when you try to change those setings?

Doesn't beginner mode set limits? Beginner mode set on after update ?

Yes, it does. Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I forgot to mention that it is not in Beginner Mode. I did switch it to Beginner Mode and back to the normal mode just to see if that would free up the settings, but that didn't help either.

Bill

A number of settings revert to default values on updating firmware.
The settings you mention are stored in the Phantom rather than in your phone or tablet so you have to have the drone powered up and connected to reset them.
You may also have to click a tick or simlar to finish the process.

Thanks for the reply. I did have it powered up and connected. I rebooted the controller, iPad, and the drone, reconnected and tried again with still no luck. Then I re-linked the controller to the drone and tried again, but nothing changed. I looked everywhere for a <Save> button or box to tick, etc. If you know of one, let me know. Thank you.

Bill

Are you connected to the AC when you try to change those setings?

Thanks for the reply. I did have it powered up and connected. I rebooted the controller, iPad, and the drone, reconnected and tried again with still no luck. Then I went through the re-linking process between the controller and the drone and tried again, but nothing changed.

Bill

Thanks for the reply. I did have it powered up and connected. I rebooted the controller, iPad, and the drone, reconnected and tried again with still no luck. Then I re-linked the controller to the drone and tried again, but nothing changed. I looked everywhere for a <Save> button or box to tick, etc. If you know of one, let me know.
Or press DONE when you're done.
If you are using a tiny phone screen you might have to scroll down to find it.

Last edited:

Is there supposed to be a DONE button? I am using a 10" iPad Air 2 and there is no DONE button on the screen or ENTER/RETURN button on the numeric keyboard. I found the thread below in the Phantom 4 Pro forum that describes my exact same problem with no solution given. Thanks for the reply.

Bill

Cannot change rth from 30m

Is there supposed to be a DONE button? I am using a 10" iPad Air 2 and there is no DONE button on the screen or ENTER/RETURN button on the numeric keyboard. I found the thread below in the Phantom 4 Pro forum that describes my exact same problem with no solution given. Thanks for the reply.

Bill

Cannot change rth from 30m

SOLVED! Thank you all for your replies! This got me on the right track. This is apparently an issue with iPad devices and the DJI GO app (it supposedly is not an issue with iPhones). This image from the other thread I linked to says it all. It is exactly what displays on my iPad (No DONE or ENTER button.) So, when I clicked out of a settings text box, the data I entered was not saved and it reverted back to the saved value.

https://phantompilots.com/attachments/img_4221-jpg.76843/

The only workaround I've been able to come up was to use an Android device as the OP in that thread ultimately ended up doing. There is a DONE button in the Android numeric keyboard, and it saves the input I type in as it should. I can then reconnect with the iPad and since the data is stored in the drone, it shows the value I set it to. Not the best solution, but at least now I know what the issue is and have a way around it. Hopefully this is helpful to anyone else who may be facing this issue. Thanks again.

Bill

Reactions: 3rdof5

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1