P4P - Max Flight Altitude stuck on "0" - cannot set to 120m (400ft)

Reaction score
P4P; iPad Pro
Firmware (Aircraft): see below
Firmware (Controller): see below

Just last week, when using DJI Go4, the Max Flight Altitude started getting stuck at "0", my C1/C2 buttons which had customized settings now read "Not Defined", and "Multiple Flight Modes" became disabled. I tried typing in "120" and tapping "complete" for the MFA, but it won't stick. My Firmware at the time was current. Since then, a new firmware came out and I upgraded, but the same thing occurs. Also, set it to "Restore Factory Defaults". Today, I reconnected the RC, but that didn't help.

Only when I shut everything down (Aircraft/Controller/DJI Go4) does the MFA reappear. While the aircraft and RC are still on and I close and reopen the app, the MFA reverts back to "0", and I'm forced to shut everything down again and restart the entire sequence to make "120" appear again for the MFA.

I also performed a "Check for Updates" on my iPad and there was no indication updates were required. When doing that, the pause wheel just spun for a few seconds and then stopped and no notification was seen. I assume that means no updates were required.

Here's the kicker >>> the serial number on the bottom of the RC and the serial number seen in the DJI go 4 app are different!! The s/n on the bottom of the RC starts with "OCLJ" and the RC s/n displayed in the DJI Go 4 app starts with "OCKJ". (????????????). The Aircraft and RC have never been separated since I took them out the box on Day 1 and have never given any indication of trouble until last week. I also reset the controller multiple times (C1+C2+Red Image button). It usually works just once then reverts to 0 MFA again. Any suggestions??

gHmDVD6ATMil2SPptttR7A.png

fmEIdxBBQxStmrLqykyNEw.png

KOJJiuyfTeqJ9ab3HqA-kA.png

It should also be noted that if I close and restart the app multiple times (with the RC and aircraft still running), the MFA "120" eventually re-appears. I just don't recall it behaving like this in the past.

You can type into the fields but will not save settings or it will not let you type in any values? The fields are not grayed out so it should let you type in values. You need to turn on multiple flight modes. Your firmware versions are the same as mine including DJI GO4. Using iPad 10.5.

Most of the value settings i think are not available when the AC is off. It probably saves the value on the AC specially the RTH alt. When AC losses connection with RC, it needs those values and cant get it if its on RC. Its an educated guess.

You can type into the fields but will not save settings or it will not let you type in any values? The fields are not grayed out so it should let you type in values. You need to turn on multiple flight modes. Your firmware versions are the same as mine including DJI GO4. Using iPad 10.5.
It allows me to type "120" into the MFA field. It is NOT greyed out. I hit "Complete". I get out of that screen, then go back to it and it appears as "0" again. I also enable Multiple Flight Modes, but when I go back to that screen, it too goes back to disabled. It simply won't stick to my desired settings. I'm using an iPad Pro which is plenty enough horsepower.

You need to turn on you AC to see those values or to set the values. The C1 and C2 however should show you your preferred setting regardless if connected to AC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4