Software update causing problems??!

I had the same no signal problem after upgrading , someone said re link the tx to the p3 and that seems to have fixed it, used to go wrong every flight, but tonight did a full battery with out a problem

I had the same no signal problem after upgrading , someone said re link the tx to the p3 and that seems to have fixed it, used to go wrong every flight, but tonight did a full battery with o

So you did not goto the location where the problem occurred?

Did you ever think it was simply the location? I can't fly across the street at a school... No signal nothing every time I go but down the road at a park 5 mins away I can fly as long as I want with no trouble.

Did you try a different location far enough from the problem area...

Edit... You sure you were not in a no fly zone? It just seems weird you trash the fw now it's working?
Correct, at the time of that post I had not returned to the location where I had problems connecting and staying connected. And to be clear, the problem I experienced was that I was not able to connect the P3 to the app. And also, the one time I did manage to connect, moments later, I lost that connection. I was able to bring her in though. My problem was not a "no signal" problem. That would imply that there is a connection to the app but none to the RC. I had a connection to the RC.
Update. I was able to return to the areas where the issues came up and I'm happy to report that all is well again. I did not have that problem again. It is, once again, rock solid! Maybe the uninstall, reinstall worked. Weird still.

Last edited:
Had you upgraded the remote and if so can you revert it back to previous firmware? Do you have to have camera view active in the GO app to revert back? I can't get into camera view - it keep bringing me back to "How to Connect".
The remote was upgraded also at the time I was having the problem with connecting with the app. I too couldn't get into camera view. The app didn't recognize that my P3p was there. Sounds like you're having the same problem. Not sure about reverting back to the prior FW on the RC. I didn't try that as tech support only mentioned the uninstall, reinstall FW on the P3.

Can someone please walk me through how to revert to previous firmware to overcome the NO SIGNAL issue... I have tried the previous firmware on SD card at startup but results file says no update as older than current firmware...
Thanks in advance... Going nuts here and signal quality say poor regardless of locations... Where is the information from DJI about how to roll back the firmware please... Thanks
DJI GO app reports aircraft Firmware is 1.3.20 and app is 2.0

Last edited:
Disconnection issues plague my P3P since the latest firmware update.
Since then, turning on the RC, then the aircraft, doesn´t work, the app won't connect.
I have to reset the aircraft for it to connect.
Happened twice, the two times I used it since the update. Never happened before.

On top of it, today I had the app suddendly disconnecting while operating normally for 5-10 minutes.
I was 5 feet away from the quad.
No more telemetry, nothing except the "disconnected" warning above.

I'd say this latest firmware is a killer, literally.

Hey mate, did you manage to fixed this issue? did you try to "link/pair" the P3 and the RC manually( by inserting a pin into the tiny hole @ the bottom of P3) after the successful updates of P3 &RC?

I had the same no signal problem after upgrading , someone said re link the tx to the p3 and that seems to have fixed it, used to go wrong every flight, but tonight did a full battery with out a problem
How did you re-link the tx/P3?

I had a flight this morning, after the re-linking and channel hack yesterday.

App failed right after I changed from Pos to Atti flight mode.
Tried to get back to P mode, but it wouldn't refresh telemetry, all status bars grey and inactive, video feed continued though. Yes, I waited long enough for it to connect.

Had to land, reset the aircraft, but app kept displaying the "disconnected" status.

Only after force-closing the app, removing it with the task manager, and restarting, it did fine for the remaining time.

Not stable and can not be trusted, especially after latest firmware update.
I am one small step away from getting an iPad Mini 2, but I could only afford the non-gps version, wich is annoying...

I have upgraded to 1.6 but am concerned about flying with all of the negatives that are being seen. How do I downgrade back to 1.5? I have the file but am not sure about removing 1.6 before installing 1.5, any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Dave. I would wait and see what fix DJI are gonna do, there's a heck of a lot of people out there having the same issues since this new firmware upgrade and DJI GO APP upgrade. Myself included.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers