So DJI is adding object detection?

You're smarter than I am. I end up thinking that I will still use my P2, but it just sits there all sad in the closet. :(

May as well try to fly both :) .... Or let people fly your old one so you can have people to fly with. If they crash no biggie it's just sitting the closet anyway right?

Does anyone else want to see the ability to take pictures while the video is on or is it just me?

I like to capture full flights and don't like the fact that I can't take stills while doing so. I know I can screen cap the video but you would think it would be a simple integration
I'm with ya. I was just looking last night to see if anyone has come up with a work around.
Frame capture is alright but I think it brings it down to 3-4 m/p.

I'm with ya. I was just looking last night to see if anyone has come up with a work around.
Frame capture is alright but I think it brings it down to 3-4 m/p.
I never thought of it that way but I think you're right.

The video screen cap of 1080p is around 3-4mb. If 12 mega pixel refers to the file size and pixel number than the 12mp still is a 4k still (4x 1080p)

Which BTW seriously if DJI could just bump the 1080p camera to 2.5k AND both cameras have 12mp stills I'm starting to think it is the same camera with different firmware restrictions... I could be wrong but o don't see any physical differences between the two cameras (I have both p3a and p3p).

Does anyone else want to see the ability to take pictures while the video is on or is it just me?

I like to capture full flights and don't like the fact that I can't take stills while doing so. I know I can screen cap the video but you would think it would be a simple integration

The Litchi app lets you take pictures while doing video. But there is a split second blip in the video when a picture is taken.

Mark

You can do what you want with the GoPro. I used to take a video with an auto still every 5 sec. Worked great.
And you could frame the stills two kilometers away too?

Take stills in flight..
Longer battery..
Zoom camera.. (that would have the privacy arses up in arms, although they already seem to think the drone cameras are some kind of super spy tool)

I'll second that request! Seems like it could be a simple software/firmware fix as long as the current video processing architecture could handle it. Good idea! I hate chopping up my flight videos to get some pictures. My Sony point and shoot allows this and I use it quite often when I'm recording videos.

Yes I do it is very annoying not being able to.

Anyways back on topic - object avoidance... DJI should make them like the robot vacuums..

That comment made me breath bourbon through my nose. Ouch. [emoji12]

I hate chopping up my flight videos to get some pictures..

I use Pinnacle Studio and it allows me to take snapshots without cutting. If I filmed in 4K I get very good quality pictures like that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj