PhantomWetSuits

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Made this for a music challenge using some weird music at soundimage.org
This is the Phantom 4 Pro wearing the Phantom Rain Eclipse Wet Suit out for a flight to the lake Erie.
Notice how clean the lens is when flying in and out of the flurry, this is do to the wet suit controlling some of the drip factor that would normally fall over the lens.

Approved Vendor
Phantomrain.org

Your comment about keeping the lens dry caught my attention.

Flying in the PNW, I’ve landed several times with a wet lens only to come home and find the pics ruined. Not only that but landing just to clean the lens is not fun.

In your video it’s snowing so the temp should be at or below 32 degrees (or 0 c). The wind chill on your lens should make the glass colder than the air temp. This would allow the snow flakes to slide off the lens and not melt.

Do you have any video showing how this suit can prevent water from hitting the lens? Illustrations? I’d be interested in anything that would stop water from hitting the lens. Also, what is the bar going across the landing gear by the camera?

There are couple key factors at work here.
First being the Neoprene Wet Suit creates a Bi Level drips system, so this changes how the water drips over the edge of the camera.

We show this in a slow motion video on the site. Works incredibly well.

Next is the angle of the camera lens used , best to keep it at a 45 degree angle and if you get a drip on the lens you can use the C2 key set to gimbal drop using a high speed setting and shake the lens to get any drops off of the lens.

We have a video on the site showing just how good that works with water dripping off the lens.

Next we have found this very interesting light bar that is no where near as brightness of the lume cubes , but provides more of night light which worked really well heading out to the lake while raining.

We have quite a few videos now on site to negotiate the rain while flying and filming.

Approved Vendor
Phantomrain.org for more videos at the bottom of the site.

This is the last video I made last night, flying in a light rain.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj