Smooth panning.

Hey Jerry, great to see and hear from you and many thanks for the email to which I have just replied.?

This guy is amazing, nothing too much trouble. So glad to have found him!
P3A remote motherboard.

Attachments

• IMG_8977.jpg
    IMG_8977.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Following Jerry's excellent introduction to modifying a remote controller, going to have a go at my P3A Tx with the following mod to reduce and stabilise the Yaw/panning speed:

Components fro Bitbox here in the UK:
Potentiometer
Switch

Circuit:
IMG_8981.jpg

Does it look workable Jerry??

Not sure about the 10K pot in each leg as the yaw pot only moves about 100Ω each side of centre - these are the readings when moving the stick fully one way and then the other -

IMG_8976.jpg

Last edited:
Yea bet thing is to drop your EXPO and just practice the movement. If you have Tripod mode on that model that will be great to

That should be it ,
Looks good from here, just make sure left and right match exactly! And you should be good! Like I said I’m not sure the pots on a P3, are the same or different from that of a p2 or p1 for that matter? Like You said you may have to adjust the ohms to compensate! The variable resistor may help! Set it and forget it! Lol!
Lmk how it works out?

here was what I drew up
D439BB20-BB69-407B-AF94-FE158C1CF4DF.jpeg

We're reading from the same page Jerry, just waiting for the bits to arrive!

Cheers

Yesterday I went into advanced settings in. the App and adjusted the Yaw Endpoint. Without anything connected, the range indicated 60% - 300%. However when everything up and connected it changed to 100% - 200% and was actually set to 150%.
I reduced this to minimum, 100% and did a trial flight and must admit it did seem to slow down the rotation speed. It was however very windy so quite jerky. I'll have another go when the wind drops, but I'll still probably go ahead with the modification just to see what difference the resistors make! (I love mucking about🤣)
IMG_8985.jpg

Hey Jerry - Mod completed and works a treat. I can now just push the stick hard over left or right and control the panning (yaw) speed with the potentiometer.
In the very basic video, the first couple of rotations were with mod OFF and stick hard over, then a couple with the Mod ON and stick hard over.
Very windy so a bit wobbly but you get the idea!

IMG_8991.JPGIMG_8992.jpg

Short video demonstration.

Last edited:
Thanks DM. Yes fine with that now but with my mod I have such fine control where the expo is set makes very little difference 🤣🤣

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic