Slow Yellow Lights in Phantom Mode - 1 Green 3 Red in Naza Mode?

Reaction score
From the research I've done, it seems like its having a hard time locking into satellites. This issue started right after the latest firmware update. Anyone else experienced this? I just can't seem to get a lock. I've re-calibrated the compass and the IMU and trying to get a lock in a location I've flown in many times. Haven't had any crashes recently either.

Any ideas?

Any ideas guys? Anyone has issues since the last firmware update? My dads is doing the same thing

Any ideas guys? Anyone has issues since the last firmware update? My dads is doing the same thing
What version phantom?

If vision series, how many on the app?
Can you start motors?

Also, the firmware updates changed the gps Geofence data. You may be now within a no fly zone or a height restricted fly zone.

What version phantom?

If vision series, how many on the app?
Can you start motors?

Also, the firmware updates changed the gps Geofence data. You may be now within a no fly zone or a height restricted fly zone.

Checked the map and I'm not in a no fly zone. Phantom assistant does show the GPS antenna connected. No cracks in the ceramic receiver. Everything seems to be connected solid too. Can't for the life of me figure out why I can't get satellite lock. Have the phantom open still and the antenna outside the phantom, so shouldn't be any interference issues. This is a standard P2 - not vision. Motors start. Just no gps lock.

Any ideas guys? I'd be thrilled to get this fixed

Checked the map and I'm not in a no fly zone. Phantom assistant does show the GPS antenna connected. No cracks in the ceramic receiver. Everything seems to be connected solid too. Can't for the life of me figure out why I can't get satellite lock. Have the phantom open still and the antenna outside the phantom, so shouldn't be any interference issues. This is a standard P2 - not vision. Motors start. Just no gps lock.

Any ideas guys? I'd be thrilled to get this fixed
Last thing to do is check the S1 and S2 switch and see if they are faulty... Plug into phantom assist and move them. If the left toggle is damaged then you can be stuck in IOC...
Another is use your phone app confirm how many sats in your area at that given time.
The only other thing to do is hook up FPV and Mini IOSD and see your stats.

And 1 more question.. how quick is the IMU calibration?? less than a minute??

I should also mention, the GPS receiver was replaced with a 4mm ceramic chip. Probably flew it 15+ times afterwords with no issues. The issues did occur shortly after setting up FPV gear. Not sure why there'd be a connection but thought it was worth mentioning

Last thing to do is check the S1 and S2 switch and see if they are faulty... Plug into phantom assist and move them. If the left toggle is damaged then you can be stuck in IOC...
Another is use your phone app confirm how many sats in your area at that given time.
The only other thing to do is hook up FPV and Mini IOSD and see your stats.

And 1 more question.. how quick is the IMU calibration?? less than a minute??

Hey thanks for the feedback. The sticks monitor shows action in both directions. Might be ok there.
It's a P2, not a P2V, so I don't have iosd.

Just did an advanced IMU calibration and it took 52 seconds

I should also mention, the GPS receiver was replaced with a 4mm ceramic chip. Probably flew it 15+ times afterwords with no issues. The issues did occur shortly after setting up FPV gear. Not sure why there'd be a connection but thought it was worth mentioning
check the soldering on the singular pin on the ceramic puck. @justin00 on this forum had similar probs when he did his ceramic puck upgrade. I think he over soldered and the puck didn't register any sats. Resoldered and worked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues