Simulator...

If you just want a general R/C sim that also has quads I suggest, use, and love Phoenix Flight Sim. It’s a great product and they don’t nickel n dime you after the purchase for add-on. They are free!!!

If you just want a general R/C sim that also has quads I suggest, use, and love Phoenix Flight Sim. It’s a great product and they don’t nickel n dime you after the purchase for add-on. They are free!!!

I am not having much luck getting Phoenix going BigAl07. Is there a link you could supply for me to get into the right area of their website?

Aussie Paul. :)

Son Matt, (works in IT for Ambulance Victoria's help line) is getting it organised. He just messaged me asking if I had a USB to 3.5mm lead to go from PC to controller. I have both ends and can make one if I knew which pins are used for the simulator. I would think (dangerous says Matt) that the + and - volts would not be used. Anyone know?

Son Matt, (works in IT for Ambulance Victoria's help line) is getting it organised. He just messaged me asking if I had a USB to 3.5mm lead to go from PC to controller. I have both ends and can make one if I knew which pins are used for the simulator. I would think (dangerous says Matt) that the + and - volts would not be used. Anyone know?

Last time I used a simulator I just plugged a 3 pin headphone lead into the trainer port on the RC and plugged the other end into the microphone socket on my laptop

The biggest problem you may have is that the phantom RC’s don’t have a trainer port (where the 3.5mm plug would go)... I use the realflight SIM with spectrum and futaba remotes I have, they also supply a controller (dummy remote) to work with their software. It also good- Phoenix I have heard is likely equal or better however I’m not familiar with it.

This is the underneath of my Phantom RC.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

While I see that the port might be able to carry the data I have my doubts that the DJI Tx will give the right protocol to work with the Sim. I hope I'm wrong because it would be awesome using your DJI remote with the Sim.

Ok, thanks. I thought someone had some success via PC mic input.

I did but i cant remember the name of the simulator program i used

I've got a 3.5mm jack into the instructor port of the handset connected to the mic input of my pc, using a bit of software it converts the signal to control inputs, I will see if I can find the YouTube video I got this from

you need smartpropoplus, and heli-x7, software, both free, plug the cable in as above and calibrate the smartpropoplus to your controller, then run heli x7

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj