Signal lost

Reaction score
When I launch my drone, it flies fine for about 1 minute and then it loses signal. Does anyone know what is happening?

When I launch my drone, it flies fine for about 1 minute and then it loses signal. Does anyone know what is happening?
Being a wifi quad, it could be a number of things. If you are flying in an area that has considerable wifi interference, try flying somewhere out in the open free of electrical, wifi and steel structures. Do you still have control of the quad and it’s just the app device you are losing picture on? Antenna orientation is critical when flying the PS3 and there are a number of tutorials available online and on this forum for helping you out.

I have a large open area by my house, which is where I am flying it. Afterward, I lose complete control on the remote, but I still have control on the app, though I can't do much on the app.

Last edited:
Well the area looks fine, have you recently updated the FW on either your quad or controller? You may have to check your AC and controller are linked correctly. From memory there is a little green light on the side of the quad that shows it’s linked. I have attached a file regarding the PS3 that covers off on just about anything to do with them ( courtesy of @msinger).

The connection problem was between the controller and the drone, not anything to do with the phone.

sorry, the flight log that I sent yesterday was from 2 months ago, which is not the one that I wanted to send you. This is the log from the flight that I made today. DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
I could see signal loss very early, but then you sent it back out without any problems. Then I think you initiated a manual RTH?.

Last year I had the same problem. Couldn't get beyond a few hundred feet. DJI ultimately replaced the entire main board on the AC. Either the AC came with a faulty main board or it got damaged during an update which apparently was happening to other people.

In your case it could be as simple as keeping the antennas pointed correctly at the AC. Wish I could be of more help.

Hum,

At 44.3 sec lost signal for 1.6 secs and RTH activated. Note that the signal was lost right when it headed back, is that in relation to the tilt of Phantom or the antenna locations on the Phantom? The speed had also dropped to 0.6 mph.

No signal loss until 1 m 15.0 secs, 1 m 15.7s signal loss, only 0.7s, then 0.1s later it started to Auto Land 12ft away from home point I guess that's within specs?

1m 39.3s Auto Landing was shut off, must have been canceled with remote?

4 m 17.9 secs lost signal again, time of switching from Go Home, to Auto Landing.

All three lost signals, on this log, one changing in direction, the next two, change between Go Home then Auto Landing (change from moving forward to a hover).

Thought loose antenna or connections on the Phantom?

I doubt it. ;)

Rod

Had same problem today, 50m range and connection would be weak or signal lost i was getting good video signal though any ideas??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav