Signal lost at short distances

Reaction score
First time posting here. I'm using a phantom 4 pro. I havent really experienced any problems other then some video lag. the question I want to ask is. When in flight. At around 350ft altitude. I've only been able to fly out to a distance of 1500 to 1600 ft. Then start getting signal lost messages. I can still see the drone. "For the most part" and video signal is still being displayed.
Should I be able to get more distance then this. Or is my setup wrong. I can get more detail on the djiGO setup when I get back home if needed. I just figured I should at least be able to get a mile out without any issues. There is a lot of trees around me but I am high enough to be able to see the drone during the flight.
I hope I'm posting this in the right place. Apologies in advance if I'm not.
Thanks

I would expect more distance than what you are reporting, but a lot depends on local interference, if you are orienting the antennas correctly, etc.
How are you orienting the antennas?

First time posting here. I'm using a phantom 4 pro. I havent really experienced any problems other then some video lag. the question I want to ask is. When in flight. At around 350ft altitude. I've only been able to fly out to a distance of 1500 to 1600 ft. Then start getting signal lost messages. I can still see the drone. "For the most part" and video signal is still being displayed.
Should I be able to get more distance then this. Or is my setup wrong. I can get more detail on the djiGO setup when I get back home if needed. I just figured I should at least be able to get a mile out without any issues. There is a lot of trees around me but I am high enough to be able to see the drone during the flight.
I hope I'm posting this in the right place. Apologies in advance if I'm not.
Thanks
See if litchi app work better for you

I have tried all positions that I thought would be safe. Straight up, parallel and forward to the first detent. I havent went flat yet because I didnt see in the manual to do that. I believe I'm set on 5.8 gig.

5.8 have a bit shorter range but 500m must not be a problem.
Keep antennas straight up and parallel. Only if AC is above your head then it's better to put them in a horizontal position.
I have got some messages about weak video signal at about 700m which never happened before. This happened with the new Phantom. With the old one this never happened.
I've been told that this is a kind of DJI limitations. They are adding various limitations lately so I think that very soon we will come to a beginner mode capability. LOL

Thanks for the info. I flew yesterday with antennas up and parallel. I went 2800ft. I was getting a (video signal lost) every once in a while but the controller status light stayed green the hole time. That's the furthest I've flown so far. Because I was worried about signal. I agree. eventually they will update with limits probably to signal strength to keep from flying so far out. I hope not.
My next quest is figuring out how to view the info log data. I like seeing thing my rc's are doing in graft form. My Traxxas XO1 is one I study data a lot on. Geek I guess lol.
Thanks again to all of you.

Just look for the topic in this forum. Almost every day somebody put on the instructions how to make .txt and .dat files readable and how send them here.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl