Signal and video is horrible

Reaction score
I have flying my P4 for 1 year with no issues what so ever. Never a crash.. Just recently I flew it and the signal got all out of whack and the video signal as well.
It is asking me to recalibrate the compress but it never does even though I do the 360 rotation.
I tried using several different smartphones and even Litchi but no dice.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-07-01_[17-36-26][1].txt
    465.2 KB · Views: 406
Just recently I flew it and the signal got all out of whack and the video signal as well.
In this instance it is not surprising that your signal was horrible. With all the tree cover around. Also, this data file does nothing to give signal strength info....What you would need to do is upload the device .dat file and or the aircraft .dat file to a sharable location such as Dropbox, Google drive...etc....and share a link to that back here. Nothing in this .txt file helps in that respect. If you wish to see the decoded .txt file follow this link............

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Also, I am going by this image to judge the interference from the trees....

Capture.PNG

In this instance it is not surprising that your signal was horrible. With all the tree cover around. Also, this data file does nothing to give signal strength info....What you would need to do is upload the device .dat file and or the aircraft .dat file to a sharable location such as Dropbox, Google drive...etc....and share a link to that back here. Nothing in this .txt file helps in that respect. If you wish to see the decoded .txt file follow this link............

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Also, I am going by this image to judge the interference from the trees....

View attachment 100950
You may be correct but I have flown my P4P v2.0 in a thick forest (similar to photo) and signal is good out to about 800 meters. Certainly much farther than this flight path shows. If he hasn't flown in a year, perhaps something changed...a new transmission tower, maybe or airport. I tried flying in an RV park and could never get the OK to fly message because the # of satellites found was too low. I would suggest that he take the drone to a wide open treeless area that he knows is not near a restricted zone and see if he has the same problem.

I have flying my P4 for 1 year with no issues what so ever. Never a crash.. Just recently I flew it and the signal got all out of whack and the video signal as well.
It is asking me to recalibrate the compress but it never does even though I do the 360 rotation.
I tried using several different smartphones and even Litchi but no dice.
When you re-calibrate your compass make sure your far away from anything metal, I tried to re-calibrate mine and i had my controller sitting on the trunk of my car and it failed every time until i had a friend hold my controller about 20 feet away from anything that had metal then it worked. I'm pretty sure the compass has a magnet that interferes with the metal objects. Good Luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl