shuddering in flight ?

Reaction score
Got my P3S out today and managed to get some good footage of the snow here in Scotland however i noticed that when i launched it i could hear and see that the whole quad as well as the gimbal was shuddering and shaking ever so slightly. I landed and re calibrated the compass a few times which helped a little but i could still see that the gimbal was being shaken just a tiny bit.

Any ideas on what this could be ? i had just updated the firmware before flying.

propeller out of balance maybe?

Balance your propeller. If that doesn't help, look around the board for 'vibration' threads. DJI really screwed up a recent firmware change but causing a lot of vibration on some machines. That said, there are a number of reasons to get vibration in your images.

But propeller balancing is a good way to start.

Mine shakes as well. Doesn't mess up the video but when hovering it vibrates alot. I've calibrated everything numerous times and tried to turn the gain down a little where I saw in the P3P thread people were recommending. Still vibrates when hovering. Everything seems fine though and I have about 90 flights with mine. I did tighten a few screws and put new props on but vibration is still there.

There was another thread about this a couple of days ago, turns out their carbon fiber reinforced props were not seating correctly and once they switched back to stock the "shudder" went away.

Reactions: daveleeds
I have read some people have had problems on the newest firmware that have the old style motors... Do you happen to have the old motors?

no i have the new style motors on mine. I can't see it being the props either as the shudder came and went, after i re calibrated the compass it was better but still slightly noticeable when looking at the gimbal with the drone flying right infront of me. I don't have a prop badancer right now but the next time i fly i will put the spare set of props on and see if that makes a difference. Will also order a prop balancer been meaning to get one for a while.

Could this be caused by calibrating the compas too close to car/metal objects ?

Mine shutters intermittently for about 1/2 second like that as well. It has the latest firmware. I received it 2 weeks ago.Scared the heck out of me. It did it on the first flight, and continues. My gimbal and/or camera will not initialize sometimes, when cold. Once it warms up it comes to life. I'm thinking about sending it back.

I'm thinking it's either the cold weather or a lot of people seem to have issues after the update, maybe dji put knocked of 20-30% to get rid of faulty products

I've only had a indoor flight on my new p3s it seems to be working, also asked for me to update but decided not to

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It has been cold here. As I stated earlier, it seems to go away once warmed up.I saw an article about them drastically reducing the price to deplete their inventory to make way for their new product line. I don't recall the URL. I am wondering if it is a known problem. Other than the intermittent shutter and the camera/gimbal initialization startup failure, it operates great. There are no noticeable artifacts in the video.

The more I am reading, it certainly sounds like an update bug. Can you 'roll back' the firmware, or will the DJI Go app complain?

The more I am reading, it certainly sounds like an update bug. Can you 'roll back' the firmware, or will the DJI Go app complain?
I think you can roll back to the previous version, but it had some kind of bug having to do with the battery so not sure I would recommend that. I dont think you can roll back any further (unfortunately)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl