Should I Update The P3S Firmware?

Totally agree.....especially if you run any knock off batts....have 3 DJI and 2 Powerextra....i get a red warning on one of them now but still works..heard through the distant grape vine that the new firmware will shut the bird down with any other batt than their golden 150 dollar batts

Reactions: skeptic49
I've held off on the update. What functionality do you lose by installing the latest firmware?
I have never lost any functionality, but do not wish to lose my warranty coverage. I'm surprised that some people feel that the firmware updates are evil. I would think it means "hey, we found something wrong" or "we found a way to make this thing run better and here's a fix".

Just my two cents.

Reactions: Solly747400
I have never lost any functionality, but do not wish to lose my warranty coverage. I'm surprised that some people feel that the firmware updates are evil. I would think it means "hey, we found something wrong" or "we found a way to make this thing run better and here's a fix".

Just my two cents.
Sorry, but can't agree with you here.
If your Phantom is running okay, why fix something thats not broken?
Its not that long ago many had problems with an update from them.
Also we here about "snooping" from DJI.
I'm NOT updating.

Reactions: WildMan9
You miss my point. Maybe it is broken and you just don't know it. Yet. I'm not risking my warranty coverage due to a mishap that a firmware update could have prevented.

I also "here" that Google snoops. I guess I should stop using my computer! :>

Gotta go. It's time to go fly.

Yip no more updates for me,to much of luck of the draw if it going to be ok,i just done one couple days back got locked,,thats not what we want to risk,lost me speed aswell which just sucs,,no hassel with updateing , it just needs to work for us,why it not work for all,,its a unstable bug that needs to be sorted.my 2 cents

I've held off on the update. What functionality do you lose by installing the latest firmware?

It's nothing specific, there's just no obvious reason to apply DJI updates to a phantom that's working fine already. There's little upside (for the user) and plenty of potential for downside (judging by frequent posts on these and other forums). People trying to 'unbrick' their phantom, or work out why it doesn't go as high/far as it used to,etc,etc.

My phantoms work fine, I like spending my time flying & taking photos - not trying to 'fault find' DJI software/firmware roll-outs :)

I bought two P3S in early Spring of this year. IIRC! I updated the first one once, and haven't done any more. They both worked fine last time I used them. I read the frustrations on this forum of those who did updates. No thanks.

In the latest upgrade. Supposedly if you do not use the DJI Go app, you are restricted to "rookie" mode??? Is that correct??

Yip no more updates for me,to much of luck of the draw if it going to be ok,i just done one couple days back got locked,,thats not what we want to risk,lost me speed aswell which just sucs,,no hassel with updateing , it just needs to work for us,why it not work for all,,its a unstable bug that needs to be sorted.my 2 cents
Hi I have a P3SE and saw underneath your post
(P3s..p34k,,p4,,x380,,explorer,
,samsung 8"tabA& Samsung tab A6 10:1,ITELITE DBS EXTENDER)

I crashed a new tablet because of 4-5 second lag issues and the "Gimbal Disconnected" error message in new update which DJI have admitted is their fault and will fix in next update?? I bought a secondhand tablet and downloaded the earlier firmware APK which works ok. I have no lag testing at home but haven't taken it out yet. Do you have the same tablet? If so please tell me it works ok?? Samsung T335, Galaxy Tab4 8.0 LTE Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 LTE - Full tablet specifications

When my android phone updated from 6 to ver 7, I couldn't connect to my P3Standard. Tried all the right things with connecting to the controller, etc. Turns out, my Android 7 phone will never connect until DJI updates the firmware. I cannot revert my phone. I use an older tablet that runs 4.4 and connects just fine. It keeps asking me if I want to update the tablet and I just say no. That's my experience. Hard to recommend what I thought was the greatest gadget when you have to have (at least) an IPad Mini 4 to use it (or an old phone/tablet). DJI really dropped the ball here.

Reactions: mmp3
When my android phone updated from 6 to ver 7, I couldn't connect to my P3Standard. Tried all the right things with connecting to the controller, etc. Turns out, my Android 7 phone will never connect until DJI updates the firmware. I cannot revert my phone. I use an older tablet that runs 4.4 and connects just fine. It keeps asking me if I want to update the tablet and I just say no. That's my experience. Hard to recommend what I thought was the greatest gadget when you have to have (at least) an IPad Mini 4 to use it (or an old phone/tablet). DJI really dropped the ball here.

Hmmm. I have an NVIDIA Shield K1 running Android 7 and GO version 3.1.22. Was testing everything this afternoon and no issues to report. Video recorded unintterupted, no crashes, no lag. P3 Standard.

You have to log out of and back into DJI via the Go app to release flight restrictions. Its a one time only thing. Otherwise your free to use any compatible app after the re logging.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31