P3 Firmware Should I Flash the Firmware - Video Transmission intermittent freeze

Reaction score
I have a phantom 3 professional that is on the latest firmware version. Has been updated on nearly every version and never really had any issues. I purchased a Mavic Pro when they first came out so the Phantom is getting less use. On the last few flights I've been having a problem with the phantom. The video transmission to my ipone 6+ seems to pause/freeze every couple of seconds (studders, for lack of a better word). Makes it difficult to properly film and is a bit of a pain. There have been a few occassions where the freeze also causes the view on the DJI Go app to turn green for most of the screen with some pixelation in other portions of the screen where you can see a snapshot of the frozen video image. The final recorded video on the SD card shows a full video with no freezes.
I get the same issue using the following combinations:
P3P with iphone 6+ and DJI Go (latest version)
P3P with iphone 6+ and Litchi (latest version)
P3P with iphone 5s and DJI Go (latest version)
P3P with iphone 5s and Litchi (latest version)

I use the Mavic Pro on the iphone 6+ with DJI Go 4 and Litchi (latest versions) and don't have this issue.

I've tried IMU cal, compass cal, gimbal cal, reset GO App to default settings.

Any ideas? Would reflashing the firmware using the DJI Assistant be a good idea at this point? Any options to try before I take that step?

Appreciate any advice.

I have a phantom 3 professional that is on the latest firmware version. Has been updated on nearly every version and never really had any issues. I purchased a Mavic Pro when they first came out so the Phantom is getting less use. On the last few flights I've been having a problem with the phantom. The video transmission to my ipone 6+ seems to pause/freeze every couple of seconds (studders, for lack of a better word). Makes it difficult to properly film and is a bit of a pain. There have been a few occassions where the freeze also causes the view on the DJI Go app to turn green for most of the screen with some pixelation in other portions of the screen where you can see a snapshot of the frozen video image. The final recorded video on the SD card shows a full video with no freezes.
I get the same issue using the following combinations:
P3P with iphone 6+ and DJI Go (latest version)
P3P with iphone 6+ and Litchi (latest version)
P3P with iphone 5s and DJI Go (latest version)
P3P with iphone 5s and Litchi (latest version)

I use the Mavic Pro on the iphone 6+ with DJI Go 4 and Litchi (latest versions) and don't have this issue.

I've tried IMU cal, compass cal, gimbal cal, reset GO App to default settings.

Any ideas? Would reflashing the firmware using the DJI Assistant be a good idea at this point? Any options to try before I take that step?

Appreciate any advice.
Are you also caching video locally to your mobile device? If so, turn that feature off and see what happens. You can also set the streaming rate to a lower rez.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
There have been a few occassions where the freeze also causes the view on the DJI Go app to turn green for most of the screen with some pixelation in other portions of the screen where you can see a snapshot of the frozen video image.
There are numerous threads on this issue, with varying results. Most seem to relate to the older Iphones and new IOS versions, others possibly firmware. Do some searches around and you may find the answer.Specifically for the "Green " pixelation".

Are you also caching video locally to your mobile device? If so, turn that feature off and see what happens. You can also set the streaming rate to a lower rez.

Did a quick check here in the house with video caching off. Seems a bit better. Will go outside and test. Transmission quality was already set to the lowest. But I just noticed I am also getting a lot of interference on the channel strength indicator. I'm sure that's just because I'm sitting in my living room right now. Will monitor that on my test flight to see if its the same.

There are numerous threads on this issue, with varying results. Most seem to relate to the older Iphones and new IOS versions, others possibly firmware. Do some searches around and you may find the answer.Specifically for the "Green " pixelation".

I've been going through the forums yesterday and today. Didn't find anything conclusive. Hate to be kicking a dead horse but figured I'd take a chance and ask to see if there was something I'm missing.

Still searching though. Lots of reading.

I'm beginning to believe the older mapple products are designed not to keep up. I got an iPad Mini 2 for Mrs. LarBear several years ago and she's complaining about how some sites just don't work anymore.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Finally got to do a flight test. Turning off video cache didn't appear to have much (if any) improvement. Still getting the same results. By reading all the forums on here on similar topics, think I am SOL. A new iphone might be in my future so maybe that will sort it out. Frustrating.

same problem with android on my ph3 pro with latest firmware.
someone can help me?

Some minor success - deleted DJI GO APP and reinstalled. Checked all settings which were all back to default. Then turned off the video cache option again. Took it for a test flight and on startup I got a "Weak Image Transmission" warning. I let it sit for a couple of minutes before taking off and monitored the signal strengths and channels. Once they seemed to 'calm down' and get a little more 'steady' I started flying. Went through 2 full batteries. Only had 1 instance of lag which was very brief (< 1 sec pause in video). I went to a distance of 1/2 mile without issue.

My flights were at the beach with wide open space and nothing to block signals. Going to try again today in a different location in a canyon area with hills, trees, cliffs, etc to see if I get similar results.

I have an iPhone 6, combined with a phantom 3 pro and made the latest update firmware lately..

I’m having the same kind of problem. I have lagging feed with black section of the screen, freezing screen and green pixelated screen. All that without even filming.

For now the only I improved it it’s by putting the signal under manual, select a specific channel and lower it to 4Mbps.

Even with all this I can’t go further than 600 meters...

I need some idea and suggestiom on this

Thanks

i turned off all type of wreless connection on my iphone and also tried with my ipad.. It didn't do any difference.

on the DJI go app, when open the options and go to the HD section ( where we get thecommunications channels, all of them show red lines. It vary, but they don't show good quality signal.

So i've took manual, and took the channel 20 and went for a ride. i got to 359 meters and got a weak signal warning...

What else should i try?????????????????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.