Short range with 5.8ghz Remote Controller

hey ppl!

i'v got my phantom back last saturday after ~3.5 weeks .
after a first testflight, the range looks fine. i flew ~550m dist. at 120m high.
i aborted the flight due heavy wind.

i think, they changed the transmitter in the rc or in the copter.

zmb said:
hey ppl!

after a first testflight, the range looks fine. i flew ~550m dist. at 120m high.

My guess would be the transmitter. I went the route of changing the receiver board in the copter first, as it was only $29. It did not help so I ordered a new transmitter from DroneFly, and now have respectable range. The one I got from DroneFly also had the external USB port, so I am a happy flyer :)

Hi All, I am really getting frustrated by DJI, I received my phantom 2 vision+ two weeks ago and spent some time getting used to everything ensuring I was happy controlling it.

I then started trying to do longer flights but I have only been able to fly 200meters (600 feet) before I start losing flight control.

To ensure I was not going to cause any issues to local residents on my first long distance flights I actually drove outback "yes I'm in Australia" so I had none of the following:

No buildings ( small or large )
No power lines
No airports
No radar facilities
No transmitters

Only scrub land as far as the eye could see. ( 100km in any direction )

I have checked and I am on FCC mode not CE mode, the iPhone is not in the way of the antenna, the batteries are full charged, the batteries in the remote are brand new and I have tried three sets. I never seem to get far enough away to ever lose video reception on the extender.

I have tried contacting DJI on multiple occasions by email, support tickets and even telephoned their head office in Hong Kong twice. I am getting no help what so ever.

P.s. Even sent emails to DJI USA, DJI Europe, DJI Japan and any other email address I could find and have not received a response.

Now I know I only paid 1500$ for the phantom, but I would like to think that gets me some sort of support !!.

So I gave up on support in Hong Kong and tried calling local resellers and was told that we don't actually have a "full" distributor in Australia and no DJI office and that support at DJI was appalling and that I should send the phantom to them and they would try and sort it out but it would probably take 6 to 8 weeks.( I could not believe that one of DJI's own resellers was saying they had appalling service )

This is ridiculous.

Can anybody please help, I don't have lots of $$$$$$$'s to go and buy another drone. This drone was supposed to be for a UNI project for one of my courses.

HaM-73 said:
zmb said:
hey ppl!

My guess would be the transmitter. I went the route of changing the receiver board in the copter first, as it was only $29. It did not help so I ordered a new transmitter from DroneFly, and now have respectable range. The one I got from DroneFly also had the external USB port, so I am a happy flyer :)

Yeah -- I've measured 6 transmitters, which had a 15dB variation in power output!! So I expect you now have a new tx...

Rickoz said:
Hi All, I am really getting frustrated by DJI, I received my phantom 2 vision+ two weeks ago and spent some time getting used to everything ensuring I was happy controlling it.

I then started trying to do longer flights but I have only been able to fly 200meters (600 feet) before I start losing flight control.

To ensure I was not going to cause any issues to local residents on my first long distance flights I actually drove outback "yes I'm in Australia" so I had none of the following:

No buildings ( small or large )
No power lines
No airports
No radar facilities
No transmitters

Only scrub land as far as the eye could see. ( 100km in any direction )

I have checked and I am on FCC mode not CE mode, the iPhone is not in the way of the antenna, the batteries are full charged, the batteries in the remote are brand new and I have tried three sets. I never seem to get far enough away to ever lose video reception on the extender.

I have tried contacting DJI on multiple occasions by email, support tickets and even telephoned their head office in Hong Kong twice. I am getting no help what so ever.

P.s. Even sent emails to DJI USA, DJI Europe, DJI Japan and any other email address I could find and have not received a response.

Now I know I only paid 1500$ for the phantom, but I would like to think that gets me some sort of support !!.

So I gave up on support in Hong Kong and tried calling local resellers and was told that we don't actually have a "full" distributor in Australia and no DJI office and that support at DJI was appalling and that I should send the phantom to them and they would try and sort it out but it would probably take 6 to 8 weeks.( I could not believe that one of DJI's own resellers was saying they had appalling service )

This is ridiculous.

Can anybody please help, I don't have lots of $$$$$$$'s to go and buy another drone. This drone was supposed to be for a UNI project for one of my courses.

Sorry to hear about the problems with your Vision +. have you spoken to Rafi at Rise Above Aerials? He sells them and i think repairs them. A lot of people always recommend him for fault finding.

I never saw this thread before, but I had issues same as the op. 150 meters or so and 'Control Signal Lost', 'Return To Home' etc would come up. After some help from Pull_Up (thank you) my supplier swapped my tx for a new one. Weather has been crap since I got it but hope to try it out in the next few days.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl