NEWS$6,800 Buys You a Hydrogen Fuel Cell Drone With a 30 Km Range

Reaction score
$6,800 Buys You a Hydrogen Fuel Cell Drone With a 30 Km Range

BSHARK partnered with MicroMultiCopter (MMC), a manufacturer of the first hydrogen-powered drone HyDrone 1550, to release the Narwhal 2, its new hydrogen-powered drone equipped with air cooled fuel cell, class-leading control over LTE technology, all-in-one remote control, standalone flight controller and 30km video transmitter. MMC provided production service for BSHARK.

More at link along with some of the specs.

30K range, 120 min flight time, 20X zoom, AND rain/dust/fireproof! Wait a minute... fireproof??

30K range, 120 min flight time, 20X zoom, AND rain/dust/fireproof! Wait a minute... fireproof??

My guess (and thats all it is, a guess) is that it is fire rated, meaning it can take X temperature for X number of minutes or hours before failure and combustion.

The Drone looks awesome and the specs are fantastic. However, if I read the web site correctly do you have to have an ORCA 1 refueling station? The drone is 6,800USD but the ORCA 1 refueling station is 180,0000USD. Can you refuel some other way?

The Drone looks awesome and the specs are fantastic. However, if I read the web site correctly do you have to have an ORCA 1 refueling station? The drone is 6,800USD but the ORCA 1 refueling station is 180,0000USD. Can you refuel some other way?

I have no idea. It just looked like cool tech to me.

I'm looking forward to the idea of solid state batteries as well. Those might be a real game changer as well.

Extra fuel cells can be purchased, so you can either pay someone to refuel them for you that has the ability to compress the hydrogen, or buy them already refueled, much like propane tanks, except not nearly as available. If you need to be able to recharge yourself in the field, the portable $180,000 recharging unit is an available, but very expensive option! :eek:

Last edited:
Good gravy, that thing is a beast!

RoOSTA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31