Shooting Panoramic Photos with P4P, Advice?

Quick Q on these photos @Meta4 - are they just shot horizontally with your bird, or do you ever do rows & columns with your panos? Wish there was a way to shoot vertical images with P4P because it's so much better to shoot pano material vertically so you get more info top to bottom. I always feel stifled by only having the horizontal motion available
The Mavic will rotate the camera to portrait format which would be good for panoramas but it's not possible with other drones.
I rarely shoot a single row panorama and usually shoot 2 or 3 rows to get a lot more depth in the picture and it's necessary if you want a good sky as well as ground detail.
Here's a piece I did about it for Skypixel a long time back: SkyPixel - Connecting Creativity
I'd like to think my panoramas have improved since then but the principles are the same.
Here's a three row pano I shot recently:
DJI_0325-472c-X3.jpg

The Mavic will rotate the camera to portrait format which would be good for panoramas but it's not possible with other drones.
I rarely shoot a single row panorama and usually shoot 2 or 3 rows to get a lot more depth in the picture and it's necessary if you want a good sky as well as ground detail.
Here's a piece I did about it for Skypixel a long time back: SkyPixel - Connecting Creativity
I'd like to think my panoramas have improved since then but the principles are the same.
Here's a three row pano I shot recently:
DJI_0325-472c-X3.jpg

I know it's a nice plus for the Mavic though I prefer the quality of the images I get out of the P4P much better ;)

Thanks for sharing the link to the article, good info.

Got single row down, gotta improve my multi row panos, will keep pluggin' away!

I love big-picture panoramas and shoot a lot of them.
Shooting panoramas manually with the Phantom is faster and easier than any automated "solution"
Here's a really basic description I wrote 2 years back:
The basics are pretty simple.
Just take a series with a decent overlap between all images and put them into the stitching software.
The P3 makes it easy with hands on the controller - click, turn, click, turn, click.
The big screen makes it easy to check your composition.
Then lots of practice to improve and keep looking for strong subjects and good lighting to make the big picture.
Shooting a second (or third) row gives the panorama more depth.
Here are a couple of examples
DJI_0550-604a-X3.jpg

DJI_0397-475%20detail-X3.jpg

DJI_0306-364b-X3.jpg
Wow, Meta4!! Very NICE Panoramas!!! I love them all, but the city lights are phenomenal! Great job!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4