Sheriff, what's a drone?

Reaction score
I guess not everyone knows what a drone is. Pulled up next to a sheriff patrol working a speed trap on the road below right. He rolls down his window and I ask, " Hi, would you have a problem with me flying my drone? He looks puzzled and says "what?" I said "across the street is where I usually launch and wanted to know if you be OK with me flying my drone since the water is up and your sitting here." He says "I'm not sure whats a drone?" I lift it up and show him and he says "ahhh Ok, yeah I have no problem with that." I guess not all are told the rules of a drone and you would think patrol the lake area he would definitely know what a drone is much less the rules. Guy was probably late 30's early 40's.
lake6-11.png

Here in Texas, sheriff's and their deputies enforce Texas State law and not municipal(city) ordinances. But, the Texas legislature could pass anti-drone laws like no drones in county parks, which the sheriffs and their deputies could then enforce. Hopefully, this doesn't happen.

Also, it is strange that this officer wasn't aware what a drone is when they are so much a part of the news and our culture in general.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav