Shell Cracked While Sitting In Car

Geez - I live in Texas. Planned on leaving it in the truck all the time. We sometimes don't get below 80 overnight. Guess I need to reevaluate.

Geez - I live in Texas. Planned on leaving it in the truck all the time. We sometimes don't get below 80 overnight. Guess I need to reevaluate.
Car interiors can get to be around 150 Fahrenheit in the summer sun I believe. Leaving sensitive electronics and LiPo batteries in that kind of heat just seems like a recipe for disaster.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Car interiors can get to be around 150 Fahrenheit in the summer sun I believe. Leaving sensitive electronics and LiPo batteries in that kind of heat just seems like a recipe for disaster.
Absolutely right.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Well add another tick mark to the list for P3 shell cracks and this one even has a twist. It just so happens I was considering stopping to fly on my way in to work this morning and did a quick preflights look over at the house. I am especially attentive to the areas around the motors precisely because of the forums and there were no issues (100% sure). Long story short I didn't fly and instead left it safely stored on my passenger seat in the original cardboard packaging insert that it came with. 4 hours later I did the preflight to fly over lunch break and there it is. A crack on the 2 inner set of screws, not the 4 motor mounts. Granted it was hot in the car but I would not have expected this.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well, My controller has the same material problem.
The controller where the top and bottom shell connects with the help of screws, just break into small pieces.
I called up DJI and they send me return shipping label, as it is under warranty..!

No doubt. I've got covered parking at both companies, but covered parking when it's over 100° is still hot.

Nothing to do with where you park your car. It's just a bad batch of DJI spastic plastic being used.
I think some dude at the plastic plant brain farted and forgot to a dash flex into the mix.

Why would people apply common sense when they can just blame DJI and claim against the warranty?

Super glue will not work.
I had a similar crack develop for no reason. I Used plast-aid by filling the quads arms. Now the arms are rock solid and no worries about cracks or motors falling off
Hello. Do you have an example of a type of plast-aid that is good for small cracks?
Thanx[emoji4]

Kinda skeptical about a hot car causing this. Seriously!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl