Project P2V

Reaction score
After waiting for 4 weeks for my new shell to come, i finally had the time to do all the mods I have been collecting over the last two months.
I found also that the previous owner had tried to repair the cracked shell with epoxy glue, see pics below.
IMG_0744.JPG IMG_0743.JPG

I was surprised how flimsy the new shells are, and how easy they twist when in two halves.

Anyway started today now all done.

New Shell
Upgraded Gps Module
Buzzflyer Gps Screen
Rotorpixel Gimbal
DBS Mod
Trakimo Tracker
RE700
Vision Plus RC

Just done the IMU calibration, checked the Gps in a position I used to get 4 sats max, I now get 9. Recalibrated the RC, but I have 1 question the camera moves on the gimbal up and down fully using the wheel on the RC, but when you do the calibration the slider starts in the middle and moves to right, but only goes back to the middle when the camera is facing in the fully up position, I can't move it from center to the left position is this ok?.

Just waiting for some decent weather now so I can fly her..

Flack

Reactions: dirkclod
Are you interested in a P2V+ controller with the slow yaw mod, and the FPVLR mod already installed?

Attachments

• tx1.jpg
    tx1.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 362
After waiting for 4 weeks for my new shell to come, i finally had the time to do all the mods I have been collecting over the last two months.
I found also that the previous owner had tried to repair the cracked shell with epoxy glue, see pics below.
View attachment 42055 View attachment 42056

I was surprised how flimsy the new shells are, and how easy they twist when in two halves.

Anyway started today now all done.

New Shell
Upgraded Gps Module
Buzzflyer Gps Screen
Rotorpixel Gimbal
DBS Mod
Trakimo Tracker
RE700
Vision Plus RC

Just done the IMU calibration, checked the Gps in a position I used to get 4 sats max, I now get 9. Recalibrated the RC, but I have 1 question the camera moves on the gimbal up and down fully using the wheel on the RC, but when you do the calibration the slider starts in the middle and moves to right, but only goes back to the middle when the camera is facing in the fully up position, I can't move it from center to the left position is this ok?.

Just waiting for some decent weather now so I can fly her..

Flack
Sounds like ya got er ready .
With out going in to the assistant right now I think that's all you gonna see with the slider Flack .
Hardest part I had with the RPG is getting those 4 screws adjusted just right .
When you power up does your camera point straight down ?
Mine does and I just hold the scroll wheel up when I do power up and it just shakes a little .
Good luck with it :)
Added / If you need to calibrate the RPG and can't find the instructions look in my media
as it's there .

Sounds like ya got er ready .
With out going in to the assistant right now I think that's all you gonna see with the slider Flack .
Hardest part I had with the RPG is getting those 4 screws adjusted just right .
When you power up does your camera point straight down ?
Mine does and I just hold the scroll wheel up when I do power up and it just shakes a little .
Good luck with it :)
Added / If you need to calibrate the RPG and can't find the instructions look in my media
as it's there .

Yes thanks bud got it all done, but like you had some queries with it. yes my camera points fully down when first powered up, and like you I just hold the scroll wheel up to level it off.
I dont have any shaking on mine unless the camera is touching whatever surface its on.
I spent about an hour tinkering with the balancing of the camera/gimbal but got there in the end.
I had to re-route my cables, they came clipped to the support of the gimbal frame, but they effecting the level of the camera, so I just routed them slightly on a better curve and that worked.

All seems to be good and working so just need a good day weather wise to try her.
I had a look for your RPG calibration info but could not find it..

Flack

Is a good gimble but you sorta do have to adjust it to your bird .
Those albums are messed up but here's that Cal sheet RPG Calibration 001 | DJI Phantom Forum
Unless you are having some issue I wouldn't do it but it is there if ya need it :)

Added / Don't be surprised with the lost distance you might see ,one of the 2.4 antenna panel's which is inside the camera shell gets covered by that holder .

Last edited:
Is a good gimble but you sorta do have to adjust it to your bird .
Those albums are messed up but here's that Cal sheet RPG Calibration 001 | DJI Phantom Forum
Unless you are having some issue I wouldn't do it but it is there if ya need it :)

Added / Don't be surprised with the lost distance you might see ,one of the 2.4 antenna panel's which is inside the camera shell gets covered by that holder .

Yeah I thought about that when I fit the gimbal, if it does its another mod to do :). Whats the best option for that on P2V with what I have done already .?

Flack

Yeah I thought about that when I fit the gimbal, if it does its another mod to do :). Whats the best option for that on P2V with what I have done already .?

Flack
Afraid it's the same thing I did and that's go in and run cables from inside the camera to external antennas . I also while I was at it did the 5.8 also and that one is not real easy ether because of the black goo on that 5.8 board . There's a lot on that in here .
You will find now when you go out if you yaw to the left you will lose signal till you get back around cause that antenna is pretty much
covered . There's lots of options but it really comes down to how far ya want to go and how deep ya pockets are .

Afraid it's the same thing I did and that's go in and run cables from inside the camera to external antennas . I also while I was at it did the 5.8 also and that one is not real easy ether because of the black goo on that 5.8 board . There's a lot on that in here .
You will find now when you go out if you yaw to the left you will lose signal till you get back around cause that antenna is pretty much
covered . There's lots of options but it really comes down to how far ya want to go and how deep ya pockets are .

I am not one for distance just want a steady stream when I am flying, I will see what's it like first, then if I need to I will look in the options. I have two cables left over from my DBS mod that I am sure would fit, they are the thin black ones that should have gone in to my RC, but I had already done the RC moded aerials.

Flack

I am not one for distance just want a steady stream when I am flying, I will see what's it like first, then if I need to I will look in the options. I have two cables left over from my DBS mod that I am sure would fit, they are the thin black ones that should have gone in to my RC, but I had already done the RC moded aerials.

Flack
Well they would work fine as the less binding you have with them coming out of the camera the better .I would do as you say and just see what ya get and try and not yaw to the left out and you might be good. There's several YT's on going in that camera and look at them.
It's very doable but is a pain and you can mess one up. I did . Cameras are cheaper now but that cost me 300 bucks at the time for a used one .

Well they would work fine as the less binding you have with them coming out of the camera the better .I would do as you say and just see what ya get and try and not yaw to the left out and you might be good. There's several YT's on going in that camera and look at them.
It's very doable but is a pain and you can mess one up. I did . Cameras are cheaper now but that cost me 300 bucks at the time for a used one .

Dirk I have a brand new Fc200 camera still in the box, so if I mess up I am good to go lol... I have seen your video on the camera strip down, it looks straight forward enough to do, but I will test the bird first and see how I go..

If I did go that route what external aerials are the best, the clover leaf ones or the 6" and 8" gain ones, I have three gain black aerails doing nothing from my first mod, but I think the clover ones are much neater and possibly better.

Flack

Dirk I have a brand new Fc200 camera still in the box, so if I mess up I am good to go lol... I have seen your video on the camera strip down, it looks straight forward enough to do, but I will test the bird first and see how I go..

If I did go that route what external aerials are the best, the clover leaf ones or the 6" and 8" gain ones, I have three gain black aerails doing nothing from my first mod, but I think the clover ones are much neater and possibly better.

Flack
If your using the itelite panel you are going to have to use dipoles Flack . I tried when I had it on my Vision with bad results .
The clover leafs work good with the stage 2 FPVLR on my mine and is designed for it . The way you will hang what ever you can try whatever but
I think you will see the itelite has those panels in it and you have to match them to get the best .I tried everything I could get my hands on
when I was working with mine way back and that's what I found .
Again it really depends on just what you want . I wanted distance .
I got that bug and afraid I still have it :)
I found about all my mods in the P2V+ antenna mods section . Different birds but same ideas .
I carried all this I learned from my Vision to the Standard . Is still 2.4 and 5.8 .
Am redoing my Vision now with the same antenna set-up as I found my sweet spot and hope it's the same with my Vision .

Dirk when I got my itelite panel for my P3P in the kit was two paddle aerials, could these be used on the P2V for better video reception?. Or is it best to buy this set.
Blackhawk Micro 5.8 GHz 9 dBi pair ( SLW ) - Horizon FPV Antennas

Flack
I have bought 2 panels and never got any extra panels so I have no clue what you got but those on the link are 5.8 and you gonna need 2.4's for your camera . Now whatever you got with the panel for your pro should be 2.4's as that's what it uses for the LB .
The way I understood it the antennas in your link don't work well with the panel and is why I use dipoles .
Have ya got a picture of those other's ?

I have bought 2 panels and never got any extra panels so I have no clue what you got but those on the link are 5.8 and you gonna need 2.4's for your camera . Now whatever you got with the panel for your pro should be 2.4's as that's what it uses for the LB .
The way I understood it the antennas in your link don't work well with the panel and is why I use dipoles .
Have ya got a picture of those other's ?

I got two of these bud, I am not sure if they will be long enough on the cable lenght though and lso if the connectors are the right size..

IMG_0745.JPG IMG_0746.JPG

Well I managed two short test flights yesterday, it was very windy, to windy to fly safely, so I kept it low and close in, my video is so smooth now with the new Rotapixel gimbal fitted, I am really impressed by that especially in the windy conditions it pushing the bird all over the place.
Had a couple of issues's had a battery warning come up about a dead cell, on both battery's so I landed and cleaned the contact pins on the bird and all was good.
I also noticed it struggled to keep its height in hover, I think I might need to tweak the gain settings a bit, but over all I was pleased with the results.

Flack

Reactions: dirkclod
I've heard of some having that issue with the height ,I didn't . Mine was those 4 white knobs .Had a bugger of a time.
Had some prop guards that I had put the snap-on connecters to and checked mine like this . Had the camera angled up a little
in the settings for this .
I made hard moves to see how it did .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik