"Shake" in videos

Reaction score
I think somewhere in the large amount of literature I have read that there is some way either in the camera or in the editor software to eliminate the inherent "vibration" in the video footage which is part of the action of flying the bird. Can anyone give me a suggestion on this?

I think somewhere in the large amount of literature I have read that there is some way either in the camera or in the editor software to eliminate the inherent "vibration" in the video footage which is part of the action of flying the bird. Can anyone give me a suggestion on this?
You should have very little (if any) vibration in the video. Can you post a video example? You can't post directly to the forum, so it would need to be posted to a host site (YT, Vimeo, etc) with a link posted back here.

Quick question. Did you remove the small piece of foam from behind the gimbal?

Reactions: JoBe
You should have very little (if any) vibration in the video. Can you post a video example? You can't post directly to the forum, so it would need to be posted to a host site (YT, Vimeo, etc) with a link posted back here.

Quick question. Did you remove the small piece of foam from behind the gimbal?

Oso: Thanks for the reply. I have flown the bird probably 10 times now and .... I just looked closely again and there is no "piece of foam" that I can see unless I don't know what I am looking for. Here is the video from my YouTube upload. I think you can see what I am talking about ....:
I appreciate any thoughts you might have!

Oso: Thanks for the reply. I have flown the bird probably 10 times now and .... I just looked closely again and there is no "piece of foam" that I can see unless I don't know what I am looking for. Here is the video from my YouTube upload. I think you can see what I am talking about ....:
I appreciate any thoughts you might have!
Nice area and music. Also, loved the wave at the end. Thanks for including that.

I have to be honest, to me it looks like the foam is still there. We had one guy recently who didn't see his piece of foam for a YEAR and had a year's worth of shaky / jittery video that could have been easily avoided. I'd say that at least 100 people have posted here about shaky video and too many of them didn't see the dreaded foam. I hope its the same for you since its an easy fix. I have my fingers crossed and am hoping that your foam is still there as well.

Small piece of foam 2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice area and music. Also, loved the wave at the end. Thanks for including that.

I have to be honest, to me it looks like the foam is still there. We had one guy recently who didn't see his piece of foam for a YEAR and had a year's worth of shaky / jittery video that could have been easily avoided. I'd say that at least 100 people have posted here about shaky video and too many of them didn't see the dreaded foam. I hope its the same for you since its an easy fix. I have my fingers crossed and am hoping that your foam is still there as well.

View attachment 73658

BLESS YOU!!! I've heard about this foam for the past few weeks that I've owned the P3P and looked for it more than once. Since it's a very similar color to the camera/gimbal, I never noticed it. Your picture did the trick. How did I miss the orange warning sticker??? Unbelievable. DJI!!! WTF? Really? You need to HIGHLIGHT this in your documentation. All I was really getting was a little yaw shakiness, and it wasn't really all that bad. I can't wait to get it up in the air again. I don't imagine this could harm the gimbal, but doubt it's a great idea to keep flying with it in there...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

-slinger

View attachment 73658

Oso: You are 100% right. It is white and looks exactly like part of the body of the bird and I would have never seen it. THANKS for pushing me to go further on this ...
by sending me the pic !!!

THIS is the value of this interchange of information on this website, for sure! Thanks again! Can't wait to do the next video and see how it looks.

Foam.jpg

Lol I went through 5 phantoms and every time I kept forgetting about the foam lol. Easily done [emoji23]

Neon Euc

BLESS YOU!!! I've heard about this foam for the past few weeks that I've owned the P3P and looked for it more than once. Since it's a very similar color to the camera/gimbal, I never noticed it. Your picture did the trick. How did I miss the orange warning sticker??? Unbelievable. DJI!!! WTF? Really? You need to HIGHLIGHT this in your documentation. All I was really getting was a little yaw shakiness, and it wasn't really all that bad. I can't wait to get it up in the air again. I don't imagine this could harm the gimbal, but doubt it's a great idea to keep flying with it in there...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

-slinger
Outstanding. So glad you found it.

I always think about how many thousands of Phantoms must be out there right now recording shaky / jittery video but the owner doesn't know any better because they are not members of this or other Phantom forums.

Oso: You are 100% right. It is white and looks exactly like part of the body of the bird and I would have never seen it. THANKS for pushing me to go further on this ...
by sending me the pic !!!

THIS is the value of this interchange of information on this website, for sure! Thanks again! Can't wait to do the next video and see how it looks.

View attachment 73698
I'm so happy that you found it. I'm sure that you will be thrilled with how smooth the video will be now that you've removed that pesky foam. Cheers!

View attachment 73658
2 months and iv only noticed it ha shake gone cheers for the post guys top man

Sent from my SM-N910F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: JoBe and Oso
Outstanding. So glad you found it.

I always think about how many thousands of Phantoms must be out there right now recording shaky / jittery video but the owner doesn't know any better because they are not members of this or other Phantom forums.

This sort of oversight of a very simple, yet extremely important, aspect of an incredibly complicated system makes my brain ache.

This is very similar to Fat Shark supplying a 2S battery with both charging and balance leads, per usual for a LIPO. Only... The balance lead is not really a balance lead at all!!! NO! It's just there to run the fan on the goggles. They couldn't use a different type of connector? They couldn't supply their crappy little dedicated charger with an MSRP of $12.00 bundled in with their expensive goggles? And then they take consumers to task for using the balance connector on the battery to... balance...

A little off topic, but it just shows that this industry may be moving a little too fast for everyone's good. Very complex systems with stupid little frayed ends. Stand back and smell the documentation, fellas...

-slinger

Reactions: Ciaran

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik