Setting up the Futaba T8FGS (or 14SG) with the P2

Will this allow me to fine tune sticks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

extrememc said:
Will this allow me to fine tune sticks?

No. It calibrates the flight computer in the P2. The stick calibration is a separate procedure.

I would suggest that you open the software assistant on your computer and study it. There is a help page you can refer to also.

Maybe it's my profile/TX, but does anyone else get a slight (noticeable) delay on the gimbal tilt when using the SB toggle?

Maybe I need to run the X1 calibration again?

hsestes said:
Maybe it's my profile/TX, but does anyone else get a slight (noticeable) delay on the gimbal tilt when using the SB toggle?

Yeah i have noticed this as well. I can't explain it.

hsestes said:

hsestes said:

hsestes said:

I get the same thing.

hsestes said:

I get the same thing.

hsestes said:

I get a delay on my 550 but with the rate switch in the center it seems to work as normal.

DesertFlyer53 said:
extrememc said:
Ok thanks Desertflyer. I will calibrated them again to be sure. I also will take some screen shot so I can post. My craft is drifting real bad after FW update.

I'm thinking your drift issue is unrelated to the Futaba. Have you done the advanced IMU re-cal?

So I located the IMU re cal and when I click on IMU status it said I need to re-cal. I did a basic re-cal. I hope that fix the problem.
Thanks again Desertflyer

extrememc said:
DesertFlyer53 said:
extrememc said:
Ok thanks Desertflyer. I will calibrated them again to be sure. I also will take some screen shot so I can post. My craft is drifting real bad after FW update.

I'm thinking your drift issue is unrelated to the Futaba. Have you done the advanced IMU re-cal?

So I located the IMU re cal and when I click on IMU status it said I need to re-cal. I did a basic re-cal. I hope that fix the problem.
Thanks again Desertflyer

That should do it. :)

[/quote]

That should do it. :)[/quote]

Here are what my values are. I just did a test hover and it drifted.

Sorry for OT.

Attachments

• Compass cal.jpg
    Compass cal.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 375
Those numbers look OK. When you say it drifted, can you be more specific? They will drift a few meters. That is normal.

Have you done the Advanced IMU calibration also?

Yes done the advance as well.

hsestes said:

I've noticed it too but thankfully it's a small delay. Pretty sure it's the Futaba motor function doing that.

extrememc said:
Yes done the advance as well.

Bunch of people have noticed increased drifting after upgrading to V2. If you still have a problem with it, probably best to continue that discussion in a separate thread.

After following and reading and re-reading this thread, I think I'm about ready to drink the Kool-aid and set myself up with a T8FGS :) .. Thanks to Ianwood and everyone else for their expertise and input. I hope Futaba set's him up in some way, and I am hoping maybe someone could tell me; 1. where in the US might be a good place to buy one, and 2. if you can order it with the center return spring already installed? Thanks very much. I hope one day to be able to contribute in a valuable way to this forum.

MontanaMike said:
After following and reading and re-reading this thread, I think I'm about ready to drink the Kool-aid and set myself up with a T8FGS :) .. Thanks to Ianwood and everyone else for their expertise and input. I hope Futaba set's him up in some way, and I am hoping maybe someone could tell me; 1. where in the US might be a good place to buy one, and 2. if you can order it with the center return spring already installed? Thanks very much. I hope one day to be able to contribute in a valuable way to this forum.

Here is where I picked mine up. But it now say's "discontinued". That's strange. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0093p?&C=JNE

Ianwood, thanks for a great tutorial and hosting the file!

For those of you on a Mac, I'm not sure if this has been posted on this thread but I had success using winebottler to install and use the futaba file utility on my Mac
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6419&p=98287#p98287

Only issue I had was the absolute need to use a PC to update firmware on iOSD. No luck there on Mac.

tonben said:
tonben said:
Hi again all,

Just a reminder of my issue.

Loaded ianwood's T8FGS profile onto my T14SG to be able to get all the goodies he was able to program for us.

I was not able to get it to start.

*Update*
Re-loaded profile into 14SG, re-calibrated sticks in Software assistant.(with all switches back except SB was is in the middle position) the P2 still did not start.

However........ in playing around with the sticks it started when the left stick was in the 1 o'clock and the right was in the 11o'clock positions.
Additionally, the throttle works in reverse.

So question..... am I supposed to put the elevator and throttle in reverse in Software Assistant????
Because I did.

Do i reverse the throttle on the radio????

Where is it suggested I go from here??

Tony......

issue solved!!!

I had the elevator and throttle in reverse in Software Assistant..

returned them to normal and the P2 started-up.

Thanks to all for their help.......

tony.

P.S. ianwood...email address??

I had the same issue and have had my P2Z on the bench only so far. I reversed The elevator and throttle in the assistant
Interestingly when perusing some light bridge videos, I came across this installation video showing setup with a 14SGH. The user in the video at around 3:27 also reverses elevator and throttle in the assistant before re calibrating the sticks
http://youtu.be/Qzz_8FzWHgs

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT