Setting up the Futaba T8FGS (or 14SG) with the P2

Re: Setting up the Futaba T8FGS with the P2

How did you install the profile on a 14SGH? I didn't think that was possible! Good news if it is.

• Gimbal power setting, I am not sure but mine is off and it works. I've read elsewhere it is only for non-Zenmuse gimbals but who knows if that is actually correct.
  • Not sure what you mean by "lethargy". The auto-tilt is meant to be very slow to help with filming. RS will tilt the gimbal as normal. Make sure to calibrate X1 as per the instructions (with SB centered).
  • Two green flashes is consistent with Naza M mode when you have a control input (one with everything neutral). Check LD make sure it is centered. If that isn't it, check your calibration. If you don't have the throttle spring, that could be it too.
  • As for triple rate, see the description in the first post. It is a curve and effects all controls except throttle, yaw more than the others.

I am thinking of purchasing the Futaba R6208SB but I notice a cheaper option in the FrSky TFR8 SB RX.

Both are 8 channel Xbus RX, so would the FrSky be totally compatible with the installation procedure outlined in this thread? Thanks

uptime4downtime said:
I am thinking of purchasing the Futaba R6208SB but I notice a cheaper option in the FrSky TFR8 SB RX.

Both are 8 channel Xbus RX, so would the FrSky be totally compatible with the installation procedure outlined in this thread? Thanks

The cheapest (and easiest) option would be to keep the stock Phantom 2 receiver. I did and really can't see any major advantage to changing it out. If it ain't broke, why fix it? The P2 Rx's are dual antenna also and I even heard that Futaba makes them for DJI.

I just went with the Futaba T8FGS Tx with my stock P2 Rx. I'm going to keep the Futaba rx for my next copter project. :)

Thanks. I was wondering about that. I might just try that first. My 8fg has many models on it, so I'll go springless on the throttle as well for now. So I'm guessing that makes the P2 RX a FASST rx? That's interesting.

uptime4downtime said:
So I'm guessing that makes the P2 RX a FASST rx? That's interesting.

Yup! Mine flys great. I have yet to get it out beyond 1000m to check the range. I'm chicken. Lol

And binding the stock P2 Rx with the 8FGS is a piece of cake!

Hey desertflyer53 what did you differently when you took your first flight with T8 vs stock RC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

extrememc said:
Hey desertflyer53 what did you differently when you took your first flight with T8 vs stock RC?

I studied this thread (yes, all pages) and became familiar with all the features and switches on the T8FGS. First flight went off without a hitch. FYI... I love the triple rate feature of ianwoods profile. Makes the controls less sensitive to stick inputs, which makes for smoother videos. :)

Since you mention the triple rate. Which has been a question of mine. Do you switch it in flight from normal to slow? Would it be used for doing a parallel fly by of a build in CL which will allow for a smooth travel?

extrememc said:
Since you mention the triple rate. Which has been a question of mine. Do you switch it in flight from normal to slow? Would it be used for doing a parallel fly by of a build in CL which will allow for a smooth travel?

You have to start up in "normal" or else the motor's won't start. (Needs the full throw action to start). As soon as the motors start, I switch to low rate (lower most position).

Yes. I actually do all my flying now in the lowest (slow) rate. Just makes the P2 less squirrely.

DesertFlyer53 said:
extrememc said:

You have to start up in "normal" or else the motor's won't start. (Needs the full throw action to start). As soon as the motors start, I switch to low rate (lower most position).

Yes. I actually do all my flying now in the lowest (slow) rate. Just makes the P2 less squirrely.

You have any videos up?

Setting up the Futaba T8FGS with the P2

Nice video. I will definitely be following you on vimeo.

Here is one of mine. http://vimeo.com/86677054

Made it out to 1500m so far with the 8FG. I am sure it will go farther as I have been 1900m with stock setup. I am still using the stock rx in the Phantom.

Thanks, yours is very good too. Curious what video editing software you use? I am using iMovie currently. I have Abode Premiere, but it is was over the top with complexity.

hsestes said:
Thanks, yours is very good too. Curious what video editing software you use? I am using iMovie currently. I have Abode Premiere, but it is was over the top with complexity.

I use Final Cut Pro X. Basically the "professional" version of imovie.

I did 1,500m this weekend with the default Futaba antennas. My FPV decided that it was far enough. I didn't object.

The thing is... I'd much rather be able to go around buildings and structures then go long distances without loosing video link. Is there any way to do that!?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT