Setting home point

WJS

Reaction score
I have the phantom 4 and it's telling me too set a home point. How do I do that.

When is it telling you that? Are you sure it's not saying it marked the home point?

It's telling me that when I start the motors.Its says home point not set. But It still flys and the RTH still works as well. Also a warning sigh appears and quickly goes away

Are you sure it's saying the home point could not be set? RTH will not work if the home point is not set.

I think you might be right ,,, but why is it telling me that every time I want too take off . I will try it again in the morning too see what it is telling me

It should be telling you your home point has been set -- check it on the map. Before taking off, it's important to ensure your home point was set in the proper location. Otherwise, your Phantom will not return to the correct home point if RTH is initiated at some point during the flight.

Reactions: Cookie$Dough
I thank you very much and I shall try it again in the morning ans see if all is working,, like the rth and what it is saying for sure . Thanks again

In GO app you can tell the P4 to set home point again. Do this 1 minute after he say he can't set the home point at start (without flying). Logically he will tell you the same if problem persists but just to confirm.
How many satellites you get?
As said msinger check that the craft is correctly located in the map. Important to confirm current position is known and correct.

Typical Tip: flying under pine trees is not ideal for GPS, they act as umbrella so reduce satellites visibility.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Kindly that your RTH altitude is not zero (craft must be connected as data stored in it)

Last edited:
My altitude is set at 140 feet because I live in a heavely wooded area. That was the first thing I checked and it's still set at that hight

Are you able to set the home point manually to;
- current position of your phone/tablet if has GPS chip (cellular model)
or
- current drone position (who has GPS chip on the top of the shell)

There is two icons for that in GO app, at least one should be available (two if you got device with GPS). If unsure where they are you might spend some time to explore available options.

Of course set home point when all up and running and ready to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeabirdP4
I have recalculated and made no difference I can set my home point but then it says home point not recorded . All my functions work so it's really not a big deal but I was wondering why it's saying that. Thanks everyone for the help

I can set my home point but then it says home point not recorded
That message is expected if you're using a mobile device that does not have a GPS receiver and you are attempting to set the home point to the mobile device's current location. You should be able to set the home point to the Phantom's current location.

Just one more thing too add,,,,this started after an update. And I don't know if my iPad has a gps or not but I am running an Apple mini 2

If you have the cellular version of the iPad Mini 2, then it does contain a GPS receiver. Wi-Fi only iPad models do not contain a GPS receiver.

Reactions: hotashes
Make sure the iPad is in airplane mode as well. I have the same tablet iPad mini2 as well and get the same message sometimes, but I always check the rth point on the map, and run a routine test with the aircraft using the tablet.

I'm still under impression that, as per OP, dynamic home point is not set automatically at departure - which is suspect on my views.
Something different of doing manually with or without GPS/cellular.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31