Seriously?? $200.00 for a P3 Battery?

Reaction score
What is up with P3 battery prices? I remember they were $149.00 now on Amazon they are $179 and up. Here is a listing for $199 with 2-4 WEEKS of delivery time.

http://www.amazon.com/DJI-DJI-P3-Ba...TF8&qid=1434424895&sr=8-13&keywords=phantom+3

Yet you can get a P3 with an extra battery for only $100.00 more than the base P3. Looks like some serious price gouging going on.

I'm sticking with my P2 until the P3's bugs get worked out, battery prices return to planet earth, DJI releases a car charger for the P3 battery, and it doesn't take so long to get the battery I'll have forgotten I ordered it. I'm about to hit 300 flights on my P2 without a single problem besides the frame being held together with glue for the stress cracks.

Who knows, by then GoPro's drone specs may be announced.

What is up with P3 battery prices? I remember they were $149.00 now on Amazon they are $179 and up. Here is a listing for $199 with 2-4 WEEKS of delivery time.

http://www.amazon.com/DJI-DJI-P3-Ba...TF8&qid=1434424895&sr=8-13&keywords=phantom+3

Yet you can get a P3 with an extra battery for only $100.00 more than the base P3. Looks like some serious price gouging going on.

I'm sticking with my P2 until the P3's bugs get worked out, battery prices return to planet earth, DJI releases a car charger for the P3 battery, and it doesn't take so long to get the battery I'll have forgotten I ordered it. I'm about to hit 300 flights on my P2 without a single problem besides the frame being held together with glue for the stress cracks.

Welcome to the free market, Supply and demand You want one now Pay the price or wait and wait and maybe they'll go down

Reactions: snerd
They can be found nearly every day for $149 -- if you know where to look :) For the last couple of days, there was even a DJI dealer selling them for $129 (oops!). They changed the price to $149 today.

They can be found nearly every day for $149 -- if you know where to look :) For the last couple of days, there was even a DJI dealer selling them for $129 (oops!). They changed the price to $149 today.
Its definitely funny watching supply and demand work. I do pretty much all my ordering from Amazon, but if I did have a P3 for those prices I'd have to make an exception to look elsewhere.

Where can I find a P3 with an extra battery for $100 more? I haven't seen that in a couple weeks and have been looking everywhere. Thanks.

Somebody is taking advantage of the supply and demand. Go here....
http://www.adorama.com/DJIPH3B.html
Bought two for 149 ea. Free expedited shipping. Already have an active tracking number and they'll be delivered this Wednesday.

Where can I find a P3 with an extra battery for $100 more? I haven't seen that in a couple weeks and have been looking everywhere. Thanks.
That package deal no longer exists. Some DJI dealers are starting to put together new package deals though -- for example.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Gravo
Picked 2 up for $159 each from Pacific Coast Hobbies in Lomita, CA. Happened to be in LA for work and saw they had them in stock. They have them for $170 on Ebay shipped. There was only one on the shelf when I left, but they show 6 on Ebay, maybe they have some set to the side..

Here is the deal I was talking about:

http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Professio...UTF8&qid=1434450085&sr=1-5&keywords=phantom+3

It says preorder only but Amazon still lets you put it in the cart and I assume you can still complete the transaction.

I remember seeing this for $1359 but it looks like all the sellers, including the seller at this link, are now selling this package at $1408 which puts the cost of the battery at $149. I believe the $100 battery deal is over. Thanks for looking.

Think yourself lucky your not in Australia. We pay AUD$205 for batteries, and the P3A is $1550, and the P3P is $1950. Pretty sure its conversion + shipping and taxes etc. Still, Ive spent over $2500 so far. Not complaining though, it'll be worth it when my extra batteries and case arrives!

Think yourself lucky your not in Australia. We pay AUD$205 for batteries, and the P3A is $1550, and the P3P is $1950. Pretty sure its conversion + shipping and taxes etc. Still, Ive spent over $2500 so far. Not complaining though, it'll be worth it when my extra batteries and case arrives!
I'm sure it will all be worth it, when its all said and done you will be able to film in Australia. I'm sure there's some awesome footage to be had there. With the conversion it looks like you will be paying USD$158 for batteries there and USD$1512 for the P3P, so not too bad of a difference.

I'm sure it will all be worth it, when its all said and done you will be able to film in Australia. I'm sure there's some awesome footage to be had there. With the conversion it looks like you will be paying USD$158 for batteries there and USD$1512 for the P3P, so not too bad of a difference.

Thanks for the conversion mate, I was wondering about that. Yeah Im really looking forward to getting some great shots/footage, I live right near the great barrier reef and some stunning rainforest locations. But first I must RTFM.;)

Thanks for the conversion mate, I was wondering about that. Yeah Im really looking forward to getting some great shots/footage, I live right near the great barrier reef and some stunning rainforest locations. But first I must RTFM.;)
I live by a bunch of pine trees and flat earth. Yea! :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.