Sending back camera - how to remove?

Reaction score
I decided I couldn't live with the quite soft right side of the still images so am sending it back. All e RC agreed with my proposal that I just send the camera back rather than the whole copter. I opened up the little rubber cover and the tiny screw inside fell out in my hand, but I am not sure how to detach the camera. Anyone done this yet?

Thanks!

That tiny geared washer needs to be pushed out. Find a very small flathead screwdriver or anything that seems appropriate and slowly push out that piece. Id hang on to screw/washer/rubber piece. Its not in the screw kit that DJI sells.

nhoover said:
I decided I couldn't live with the quite soft right side of the still images so am sending it back. All e RC agreed with my proposal that I just send the camera back rather than the whole copter. I opened up the little rubber cover and the tiny screw inside fell out in my hand, but I am not sure how to detach the camera. Anyone done this yet?

Thanks!

Not sure what comes with the camera, but how bout removing the mounts easily, then 2 un-plugs and you're good to go. Careful, one of those plugs is concealed under the mounting bracket with a short wire. If the bracket is not included with the camera, perhaps they will swap it out, and assume the risk of losing teeny parts during the swap? I generally mark old parts somehow so I'll know if they come back to me (small tell-tale scratch on the camera case or something like that).

I still haven't heard back from All E RC about my image issues (2 weeks and 2 messages old now). I'll follow up tomorrow. :cry:

I don't really want to part out my baby.

nhoover said:

Thanks!

I hear running it into a tree or doing a free fall works nearly every time... Course there are other significant side effects... :shock:

Thanks - it turned out to be easiest to remove the whole mount. It slips out from the rubber shock absorbers easily, then it is not hard to detach the wire. Sending off today.

Just to confirm to others that are replacing their cameras that the replacements come with the dampening plate so removal just involves unplugging jack plug, squeezing dampening grommets to release the plate and then slipping off the connector which is exposed when the camera is lowered away from the body. The whole process takes less than 5 mins.

(Do not forget to remove your SD card !)

There is an excellent video walkthrough in Pull_Up's signature.

The Helipal replacement appears to have the dampening plate.
dji-p2-vision-014-big.jpg

gunslinger said:
nhoover said:

Thanks!

I hear running it into a tree or doing a free fall works nearly every time... Course there are other significant side effects... :shock:

Putting some small cable ties between each of the 4 grommets should help prevent the camera from breaking free in case of a cra.. unexpected landing :roll:

Funny coincidence. I posted this question a month and a half ago and then just today sent off that replacement camera to another try. My dealer finally got some more replacements in so off it goes again. Really hoping for one that is in focus this time!

nhoover said:
Funny coincidence. I posted this question a month and a half ago and then just today sent off that replacement camera to another try. My dealer finally got some more replacements in so off it goes again. Really hoping for one that is in focus this time!
I presume DJI foots the bill for these replacement cameras .....
I am waiting for my replacement but will also not be satisfied unless it is in focus across the whole image. I have seen photos on here that proves that such cameras exist but I do not want my dealer to be out of pocket.

Any thoughts ?

I'm sending mine back to DJI itself in California to have them replace the camera. They gave me an RMA already. I'm past my 30 days with B&H, so I had to go to DJI directly. However rather than just the camera, they are having me ship the entire Phantom and transmitter as well. He said they need the whole unit because they test everything. Two-week turnaround though. :(

Although I was on hold for 15 minutes, I have to say I did speak with a friendly and knowledgeable person who made no effort to deny a possible problem, and in fact acknowledged that there have been hardware problems with some of the cameras, and that (based on my description) a problem does likely exist with the lens in mine.

Yes, my dealer immediately agreed to a replacement even though the example photos I sent him did not exhibit the problem very clearly. It did suggest to me that DJI had acknowledged that a problem exists.

A good tip when pairing your new camera is to make sure the jack plug is fully seated home or else you will go through the binding procedure many times and still not be able to get a reliable wifi connection :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl