Seems like a problem......... P3A fails after few seconds of flying

Reaction score
Hi guys,
this is my first post and unfortunately I don't Know how to fix the problem.

I bought used P3A and was flying with it for cca 30 flights without a problem at all.
Few days ago I tried to fly, and after I took off, after few seconds AC stopped engines and ended on the ground. Luckily it's minor damage (landing pads, shell) but I plan to change it. But, I was trying to figure out what is happening.
So I was tring few times and every time after certain perion it cuts off motors ( few times it also turned off competely with LED's). Today I also tried and it notieced me when it happened with Image transmission signal weak message in DJI GO app.
All FW's are up to date (1.11.20 on AC). I really don't Know how to proceed. I am planning to try again tommorow, but I am not sure it will function as I tried for probably 15-20 times without any luck.
Today I also cleaned battery connectors in AC as sometimes it sends Battery error message with one battery. I would like to fix the problem before my spare parts arrive so I don't crash something again.
I have DAT files but I don't Know how to find out what the problem is.
I will really appreciate if someone can help me somehow, and tell me how to proceed and what to check. I am planning to open it and check all connectors of all wires, but I doubt that it can be the problem.

If someone can help me with DAT files, I can upload them, but they are quite big.

Thanks in advance

If someone can help me with DAT files, I can upload them, but they are quite big.
You will need to upload the .dat file to a sharable location such as Dropbox, Google Drive..etc....then place a link back here to that. Or if you want to view them yourself, we can provide the link to do that.

Keep it simple and go with the txt file from your phone or tablet.
It will probably have all the important info.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

I will upload txt and dat files on Google drive and share a link. I tried to check files, but I don't understand them.
I mean, from TXT files I didn't find out much about the cause. I tried to figure out by myself before posting anything here

Keep it simple and go with the txt file from your phone or tablet.
Agreed, but most likely not much use in this case.

Here is the link with DAT files
Thats fine, but it would be nice if you could narrow this down a bit. There is no way to know which one is the correct dat for your issue without downloading them all. I don't mind looking at the .dat files at all but not ALL of these, unless you want to wait for a few days at least.

Thats fine, but it would be nice if you could narrow this down a bit. There is no way to know which one is the correct dat for your issue without downloading them all. I don't mind looking at the .dat files at all but not ALL of these, unless you want to wait for a few days at least.

If you can check 82,83 and 84

I will try again tommorow to create new ones as now it's a bit late here to fly (2 AM)

Make it easier for us to help you and pick the one or two good representative flights out of the 13 txt files in your google drive folder. Then, upload those one or two files to the viewer and post a link back here per the instructions that Meta4 gave you in post 3 above. That will be much easier for us than guessing which ones to upload for you. :)

I'm curious to seethe results of the .dat files but it definitely sounds like a power supply issue, either faulty batterie(s) or a bad battery connections or maybe even a weak solder connection from the battery wires to the main board.

I will really appreciate if someone can help me somehow, and tell me how to proceed and what to check. I am planning to open it and check all connectors of all wires, but I doubt that it can be the problem.
Looking at two of the files you mentioned, FLY83 and FLY84. These exhibit the issue you are seeing. As far as I can tell, everything looks completely normal and the data simply stops, which would be expected if the aircraft instantaneously shut down. I sincerely doubt that additional files will reveal the exact cause due to the instantaneous shut down. I can't tell if either of these, as you mentioned is one where the LED's remained on, but if one can be found that this was the case, there may or may not be a few more seconds of data. For the interim, it could be any number of issues that may be difficult to locate. I will look at a few more as time permits.

Capture.PNG

@gagrinho ....Update to the above. I have looked at 10 of the .dat files and they exhibit very similarly to the graph above. The data simply ends abruptly, as do the log files. This is most assuredly, IMO an aircraft issue and not a battery issue. What I mean by that is the battery itself seems fine in all files. It is a power connection issue of some sort and I have not heard of one directly related to the P3 battery connections. That does not mean that it is not possible, but I would suggest that the issue lies elsewhere as opposed to a direct battery connection. The aircraft appears to run just fine until you actually takeoff, which leads me to think that there is a stress crack ( Not a shell crack ) in a connection point some place. I will ask you this question which you didn't mention. When the aircraft shuts down, does the battery itself also shut down ( All LED's Go Off )? If so, then the issue may well be with the battery itself unless you have tried others. That said, this could be a simple fix or an impossible one to find, especially so if the only time this occurs is after takeoff. When you test next, let the aircraft idle for a minute or so and see if it shuts down. If not that will most likely confirm a stress point issue which could be anywhere in the aircraft.

FLY Dawg : Thank you for being a great member if i could give you a Nice Award for what you do here all the time i sure would.....Hats off for the Member "FLY DAWG" ! i love the i information that you always provide with the drones flight files very detailed and very good for the issue with the drone.......Thank You.

Reactions: AuldGimpy and JoBe
FLY Dawg : Thank you for being a great member if i could give you a Nice Award for what you do here all the time i sure would.....Hats off for the Member "FLY DAWG" ! i love the i information that you always provide with the drones flight files very detailed and very good for the issue with the drone.......Thank You.
Dawg is a rock star. im not on much but when i get on i always search for what dawg has posted and what oso has posted. msinger too but he is not on as much now?

but he is not on as much now?
Mike is spending more time with his own forum. He really can't do both all the time. Join that one too and you will see what I mean. Here: Phantom Help

Reactions: JoBe
Make it easier for us to help you and pick the one or two good representative flights out of the 13 txt files in your google drive folder. Then, upload those one or two files to the viewer and post a link back here per the instructions that Meta4 gave you in post 3 above. That will be much easier for us than guessing which ones to upload for you. :)
crazy how so many people dont upload there files to the viewer even when they are given a link to the instructions but they upload just a file here instead.

Mike is spending more time with his own forum. He really can't do both all the time. Join that one too and you will see what I mean. Here: Phantom Help
niiiice! i checked it out seems legit looks like a lot of guys moved over there instead. maybe thats why this one seems to be dieing off.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic