Second Try For An Answer

Fly Dawg

"Electricity is really just organized lightning"
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
A few days ago I posted this in the Data Analysis section of the forum. It is a duplicate, but does no one have an answer? Just though I'd give it one more shot.

For all of you Data Analysts out there, this is a snipet from a Litchi CSV file. I am having a heck of a time finding the conversion formula to convert the time's to actual local time ( EST US). I have 5 separate video's from a flight that I want to synchronize with the flight data in Dash Ware. But to do this I have to separate the Flight log in sync with the "start" and "stop" point of each of the 5 video files. There in lies the issue. If anyone knows the conversion formula, that would be greatly appreciated. And I have searched, relentlessly.
csv-time-snip-jpg.85812

To me it looks like hours are not shown as they are zero and what you see is minutes and seconds.

It was 7:42 pm est time which is 00:42:59Z
Is it correct?

Last edited:
@alokbhargava That is very close to the correct time, just before sunset.I have tried Zulu time but the calculations I have found don't equate correctly. But that is very close. If you know the formula that would be great.

UTC - 5 hours = EST
UTC - 4 hours = EDT
Yes, sir, already tried those as well but with the numbers as shown in the CSV file, IE ( 42:59:x) I am at a quandary where those numbers are calculated from. UTC, doesn't match no matter what the + or - hour values are. Neither does GMT, or Zulu or anything else I can find. Unless I am completely misinterpreting it.

Yes, sir, already tried those as well but with the numbers as shown in the CSV file, IE ( 42:59:x) I am at a quandary where those numbers are calculated from. UTC, doesn't match no matter what the + or - hour values are. Neither does GMT, or Zulu or anything else I can find. Unless I am completely misinterpreting it.
How about going out and shooting a quick test at a known time to get some numbers and work backwards from that?

Your CSV file shows time as 00:42:59, subtract 5 hrs from it and you get 7:42:59 pm

The time the flight log was started is stored in the filename itself. For example, if the filename is "2016-12-15_16-32-25_v2.csv", that means the flight started at 4:32:25 PM. In the flight log, the first record in the "datetime" columns would show "32:25:x".

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94