Seattle Drone Pilot gets 30 days in jail + fine

... I just wish there was a way to counter the sensationalistic press.
I believe Mr. Trump would agree with you on that! :D

Seriously, social media may make for the end of Drone World as we now know it. One drone killing some little old lady waiting for a bus in Guam will make world headlines in minutes along with some cellphone Youtube videos. Then lawmakers will set out to "Ban them dangerous things from our skies - forever!"

It's bad enough lawmakers dream up incidents before they even happen. Putting their fantasy incidents out there for the public to dwell on isn't good for the hobby, imho. Accidents may happen, but some of their incidents take some planning on a criminal level and we've seen that with common kitchen appliance cookers. They run on knee-jerk actions rather than reason.

Reactions: jwmcgrath
I believe Mr. Trump would agree with you on that! :D

Seriously, social media may make for the end of Drone World as we now know it. One drone killing some little old lady waiting for a bus in Guam will make world headlines in minutes along with some cellphone Youtube videos. Then lawmakers will set out to "Ban them dangerous things from our skies - forever!"

It's bad enough lawmakers dream up incidents before they even happen. Putting their fantasy incidents out there for the public to dwell on isn't good for the hobby, imho. Accidents may happen, but some of their incidents take some planning on a criminal level and we've seen that with common kitchen appliance cookers. They run on knee-jerk actions rather than reason.

You couldn't be more right in every way. Terrorism itself may barely exist without instantaneous sensationalistic global and/or social media. They do what they do because they know the world is going to know about it and be shocked and horrified, "terrified" by it.

I'm certainly not suggesting that it's OK to put the little old ladies waiting for a bus in Guam in harms way, but nor is it OK to create worldwide panic over something we would accept as normal daily risk, such as cars driving down the street that little old ladies are crossing.

I'm certainly not suggesting that it's OK to put the little old ladies waiting for a bus in Guam in harms way, but nor is it OK to create worldwide panic over something we would accept as normal daily risk, such as cars driving down the street that little old ladies are crossing.

Those **** cars kill people! We need to ban them right now and let's all ride bicycles - along with $2,000 designer helmets! ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor