SDcard in p3p has record time limits?

Reaction score
l make a voyage/ flight of around 18 minutes & when th flight is over l pull th card in order to download to PC & always find that the biggest flight is 12 mminutes and that there is a second video of around 6 minutes when l view them they are the same flight, for about one second the second video shows the control bar at the th bottom of th screen and plays thru to the end of th flight. Does any one know why this is I have been flying one or other of my drones-both P3P-for two years now but have not fund th reason for this quirk. Can any one shed any light on this peculiarity?

File sizes for all DJI drones is limited to 4GB , depending on your video settings ( 1080 , 2.7K , 4K ) and flight time , will determine how many 4GB files you get per flight .

Reactions: JoBe and Oso
File sizes for all DJI drones is limited to 4GB , depending on your video settings ( 1080 , 2.7K , 4K ) and flight time , will determine how many 4GB files you get per flight .
I see, so l will need to tinker with that elaborate camera settings menu that sometimes pops up, usually after fumbling about on th controller. Thank you for this info', I shall wait until l feel more intellectually superior than l do at the moment & try it out. It would also be nice if th air temperature managed to struggle up over 10dgs C. Th N Kent coast is hostile at the moment. (the last 7 weeks.). Brilliant, Best wishes, stay safe. Theo

@Theo CvV - Whenever this question is asked, someone seems to say that it has to do with the card format. @kndll nailed it already with the correct answer, but I’ll just add this bullet from my old tips post.

> The P3 splits video files at ~4GB. There are no workarounds regardless of formatting as either FAT32 or exFAT. The P3 will still split video files at ~4GB even though the exFat format itself allows larger files.

Reactions: JoBe
Microsoft invented exfat to solve this 4 gB problem. DJI has never changed it’s software to take advantage of it. It insists in truncating the files it writes at 4gB. Fortunately on the newer drones post phantom 3, the files are completely continuous and can be flawlessly joined in your video editor of choice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues