SD Card won't lock in

Reaction score
I have a 6 week old Phantom 4, DJI have been a nightmare since day 1, purchased online and now the SD Card won't lock in, I can use it by jamming it in but for $2000 plus piece of equipment this is pretty ordinary.. anyone else experiencing same on P4.
Waiting now for over a week for DJI response... they say comments on these forums are incorrect !!

I have a 6 week old Phantom 4, DJI have been a nightmare since day 1, purchased online and now the SD Card won't lock in, I can use it by jamming it in but for $2000 plus piece of equipment this is pretty ordinary.. anyone else experiencing same on P4.
Waiting now for over a week for DJI response... they say comments on these forums are incorrect !!
I assume you are familiar with micro SD cards in general, in how a thumbnail is usually needed to press it in far enough to latch?

I noticed bug juice on my card, I have been hitting sd card slot with air compressor. Lightly across.

I noticed bug juice on my card, I have been hitting sd card slot with air compressor. Lightly across.
I think as concerns bugs I would have gone with something like toothpicks and cotton swabs. Compressed air is notorious for blowing stuff further into where I do not want it. But if the card was already inserted, there is little room left for anything else. Good luck.

I would recommend being patient and sending it back to DJI if it's still under warranty. The problem you might have is that the catch for the spring mechanism inside the SD card slot is probably broken, I have seen it happen a few times before and there is no way for you to fix it other than to glue the SD card into the slot permanently. I have glued them a couple of times when my bird was out of warranty. The SD card mechanism is usually pretty stout, but they do break sometimes.

Try not to jam it in before you send it back to them or they might blame you for breaking it. Just send it back without the SD card in it, maybe in a separate envelope.

If you call service, dont let them give you the runaround because they will try everything to avoid you sending the bird back in, but trust me in that theres nothing you can do at home to fix it. That being said, I have found DJI to have really stepped up their game and started taking their service requests more seriously lately. Im in the USA but I dont think it would be much different for you down under.

Please check if the mechanical latch inside has broken or bent, send it to DJI for repairs. No doubt it's a delicate piece of the phantom family and care needs to be taken while pushing SF card in. Too much force or incorrectly pushing with force will damage the inner latching mechanism. I also cover it with a little piece of tape to protect from dust etc

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks all for the comments, I am pretty savvy on the tech side of all this, I first went and purchased a second card thinking that may be the issue but not so, anyhow after a week of harassing DJI, they not request proof of payment ( they have my order number etc.. ) hopefully they will come good and request it to be sent back and repaired, maybe they will offer an upgrade to P4 Pro ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31